Rebooting Failing

GregBlake
GregBlake Member Posts: 6 Novice Member Novice Member

This morning my Reckon desktop application would not open on my Laptop.

After trying re starts and re boots there was no change.

I have therefore uninstalled my Reckon 2013 desktop and re installed the application from the original CD.

I successfully installed the application again and entered my installation key and successfully registered my application using that key code

When I click on desktop icon to open the application I am prompted for my password and enter it as normal.

The application simply does not open normally at this point. Nothing appears on the screen at all.

If I click on the icon in the taskbar same result???

Can someone suggest actions I can take to get the application working again

Thanks Greg

Answers

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,378 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager

Hi Greg

Are you running multiple desktop views on your PC by any chance? ie. could Personal Plus be open but running on that other desktop view?

There's information on multiple desktop views in Windows from Microsoft below -

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/multiple-desktops-in-windows-36f52e38-5b4a-557b-2ff9-e1a60c976434#WindowsVersion=Windows_11

πŸŽ‰ Get rewarded for contributing to the Reckon Community! Learn how you could get a $100 gift voucher each month HERE.

• GregBlake

Thank you Rav, for your quick response.

No my system does not have a hidden or duplicated desktop.

I have got a message that Reckon encountered an issue ....Error code 7104.

Google search return blank for this erro

• GregBlake

I had to disable the administrator security rights in order to load Reckon from the cd this time ??

Thanks Greg

• GregBlake

Issue fixed.Thanks Rav for the clue.

I had connected another screen today and this was the cause of the App opening off screen.

I was able to right click the,Reckon icon in the taskbar, and select the maximise option, and my normal Reckon screen view was immediately returned.

Happy camper now.

Thanks Greg

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,378 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager

Good stuff Greg, glad you got it sorted πŸ‘

πŸŽ‰ Get rewarded for contributing to the Reckon Community! Learn how you could get a $100 gift voucher each month HERE.