How do I Add Reportable FBT in Reckon Payroll?

Therese R
Therese R Member Posts: 60 Reckoner Reckoner

I have read Legacy KB ID: 5148 How to enter the FBT onto an employee’s record for STP? but I can't follow it as I believe it relates to the older version of Reckon One Payroll.

I gather I have to create a payment item but which type would it fall under:

I need to add the FBT reportable to just one employee and today is the final payrun for the FY.

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,209 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager
    Answer ✓

Hi @Therese R

At the current time you can add FBT to an employee via the initial YTD section within their specific profile.

Go to an employee and select the option to edit their profile ➡️ Click on Initial YTD ➡️ Click the Add button on the Fringe Benefits item and enter the amounts required.

We'll be looking to make this more visible and easier for our Reckon Payroll users in the very near future.

Let me know if you have any questions.

🎉 Get rewarded for contributing to the Reckon Community! Learn how you could get a $100 gift voucher each month HERE.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,209 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager
    Answer ✓

I'm not across the finer details but I believe the date you need to enter for FBT in order for it be included in this financial year (2023/24) has to be prior to 31 March.

If you select 31 March as the date in that field it should accept it.

🎉 Get rewarded for contributing to the Reckon Community! Learn how you could get a $100 gift voucher each month HERE.

• Rav
    Answer ✓

Correct @Therese R, it won't appear on the payslip as I believe there isn't a requirement for it to do so.

When it comes to finalising your EOFY, we've got an update coming to Reckon Payroll in the next few days which will display FBT balances for each employee in the EOFY finalisation screen.

Stay tuned for that, I'll post an announcement in the Reckon Payroll Announcements page as soon as its released.
    If you haven't done so already I'd recommend clicking the Follow button on the announcements page so you receive an email notification as soon as a new announcement is posted for Reckon Payroll 🙂

Answers

• Therese R

Thanks Rav -will give that a go.

• Therese R

HI again Rav

I followed the instructions above and it is coming up with this:

today was the most recent pay date although I have not lodged the STP report as yet. I tried putting in last weeks pay date and it had the same error.

• Therese R

HI Rav

That worked.

It does not show up anywhere as a separate line on the payslip though. Should it?

• Therese R

Thanks Rav - will do.

• Jhurree
    Jhurree Member Posts: 7 Novice Member Novice Member

Hi Rav,

Just wanted to confirm - I have an employee who has been terminated in April. I have entered the Reportable FBT amount in the initial YTD section with the date being 29/03/2024.

I have send an update via STP which was successful however the RFB does not appear on the STP finalisation for that particular employee. Is this correct?

• Rav
    edited July 2

Hi @Jhurree

While the FBT balance isn't appearing on the EOFY screen at the moment, rest assured its being captured correctly in the background and will be sent as part of your EOFY finalisation submission ie. this is a visual/display issue only.

The update to Reckon Payroll that will allow FBT to visually appear on the EOFY screen isn't too away, hoping for this week but just waiting for confirmation from the dev team.

As above mentioned above, I'll post an announcement in the Reckon Payroll Announcements page as soon as its released.
    If you haven't done so already I'd recommend clicking the Follow button on the announcements page so you receive an email notification as soon as a new announcement is posted for Reckon Payroll 🙂

• Jhurree
    Jhurree Member Posts: 7 Novice Member Novice Member

Great! Thanks Rav appreciate your prompt reply