Disaggregation of gross in your EOFY finalisation in Reckon Payroll

Kali
Kali Member Posts: 367 Reckon Star Reckon Star

Hi Rav,

Reading your article with the same name as my heading above; i take it that means that as long as the total gross & PAYG matches for an employee - it doesn't matter that some of the gross has been split out i.e. some leave is under 'leave' column and other leave (before rollover to STP2) is appearing under gross - because of the switch half way through?

Secondly, should an employees annual leave & leave loading gross figures they were paid on termination appear under the 'leave' column on the EOFY report?

Tagged:

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,209 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager
    edited June 28

i take it that means that as long as the total gross & PAYG matches for an employee - it doesn't matter that some of the gross has been split out i.e. some leave is under 'leave' column and other leave (before rollover to STP2) is appearing under gross - because of the switch half way through?

That's correct @Kali, that is normal and will only be the situation this year due to the switch over to STP Phase 2 part-way through the financial year. Moving forward from the next financial year, disaggregated balances will be the norm as everyone will be on STP Phase 2 from the start.

Secondly, should an employees annual leave & leave loading gross figures they were paid on termination appear under the 'leave' column on the EOFY report?

Good question and admittedly, I'm not overly familiar with the finer details of termination payments but after testing in my own account, annual leave paid in a termination pay appears in the lump sum column in the EOFY finalisation.
    Note: This was for a termination pay for redundancy created within Reckon Payroll itself.

🎉 Get rewarded for contributing to the Reckon Community! Learn how you could get a $100 gift voucher each month HERE.

• Kali

Thanks for confirming that, i thought that was right but wanted to triple check.

Interesting it's annual leave on termination is not showing under lump sum on any of my files but you said that was a redundancy termination. What about a normal termination just purely made up of annual leave. Nothing to do with a redundancy. I would understand why it would be showing under 'lump sum' if it were due to redundancy but not a normal termination.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,209 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager

I probably should have started with just a regular termination rather than using redundancy my first option shouldn't I 😆

Yes, when its a regular termination ie. voluntary cessation as its now known under STP Phase 2 then leave paid in the final pay run will appear disaggregated in the Leave column.

🎉 Get rewarded for contributing to the Reckon Community! Learn how you could get a $100 gift voucher each month HERE.

• Kali

Great - thanks for doing that exercise and confirming.