Previously terminated employee still not appearing after update

System
System Member Posts: 250 Moderator Moderator
This discussion was created from comments split from: EOFY Report not including some terminated employees prior to STP 2 upgrade.

Comments

• Blandine Lorraine Lam
    Blandine Lorraine Lam Member Posts: 14 Reckoner Reckoner

Hi Rav

Unfortunately the missing employee terminated prior to migration still does not appear on EOFY list

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,167 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 5

Hi @Blandine Lorraine Lam

Sorry to hear you're still having trouble with this after the update this morning.

I've moved your reply into its own post here so we can have a chat around your specific situation.

Can I just confirm, does this terminated employee have an initial YTD balance for the 2023/24 financial year? You'll be able to find this by editing their profile and click the Initial YTD option. Select the 2023/24 option.

🎉 Get rewarded for contributing to the Reckon Community! Learn how you could get a $100 gift voucher each month HERE.

• Blandine Lorraine Lam

The terminated employee never appears in Reckon Payroll after the migration

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,167 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager

Do you mean the employee isn't in Reckon Payroll at all? ie. their profile is not in Reckon Payroll that means they're not in the software which would explain why they're not appearing in the EOFY finalisation.

The update that was released earlier today resolves an issue where employees who only have an initial YTD balance in Reckon Payroll but not included in any payruns created within Reckon Payroll itself were not appearing in the EOFY finalisation screen.

Employees who were previously paid in 2023/24 and terminated in Payroll Premier prior to you migrating to Reckon Payroll will fall into this category. However the key difference is that the employee needs to have been migrated to Reckon Payroll which, if I'm understanding correctly, it sounds like this isn't the case for your employee, is that right?

In regard to your particular terminated employee, were they paid at any point (and then terminated) in the 2023/24 financial year in the old Payroll Premier software?

🎉 Get rewarded for contributing to the Reckon Community! Learn how you could get a $100 gift voucher each month HERE.

• Blandine Lorraine Lam

That is correct. The employee was paid thro Payroll Premier in July and August 2023 then terminated in Payroll Premier end of August 2023. When file was migrated to Reckon Payroll 1 September this employee did not appear on the new Employee List

• Rav

Ok, that is very strange, they most certainly should have been migrated over with your other employees if they had a balance for 2023/24 🤔

Moving forward, my suggestion would be to create an employee profile for them in Reckon Payroll but you will need to ensure their details, in particular their TFN, employee number, name, DOB etc are entered EXACTLY the same as they were in Payroll Premier. Pay close attention to this to avoid a duplicate income statement being generated for the employee on the ATO end ie. one from the balances you've submitted from Payroll Premier and then another from the balances submitted from Reckon Payroll.

You can add their total balances paid for 2023/24 in the initial YTD section in their profile and terminate them in Reckon Payroll.

Once that is done, they will appear in the EOFY finalisation which you can review and send once ready.

• Blandine Lorraine Lam

Hi Rav

Employee still does not appear on EOFY.

I've added New Employee and YTD details, then terminate 31/7/2023. Process pay run.

Not sure what went wrong.

• Rav

Hi @Blandine Lorraine Lam

Did you add the initial YTD balances for the 2023/24 financial year?

I've just sent through an access request for your book which will come through separate by email. If you can grant access that would be great just so I can have a closer look.

• Blandine Lorraine Lam

it worked! Thanks, Rav

• Rav

Excellent, glad you got it sorted @Blandine Lorraine Lam 😊