Working holiday makers' overseas addresses

Coorarabox1
Coorarabox1 Member Posts: 32 Reckoner Reckoner

Have submitted the EOFY report but after 3 attempts keep getting ERROR. It relates to the entries for their home addresses .. not matching the item type. I cannot find anything on the ATO website as to how it should be entered. "The value specified for an item does not match the item type" I have tried many different ways. Any ideas?

Best Answer

• Coorarabox1
    Answer ✓

Woo hoo!!! It worked! SUCCESS thanks Rav …. Lucky I can stay on the farm for a bit longer …

Seems strange there is an option for an International address as well.

Enjoy a rest tonight hopefully and a break from my questions 😉 Cheers Judi

Answers

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,400 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @Coorarabox1

The value specified for an item does not match the item type

Is the above the full error response that was returned on the EOFY submission? Or does that appear when you're trying to make changes/edit the employee profile?

If its the latter, can you post a screenshot of the full error message that has been returned by the ATO for your submission. Click on the Review Errors link and it will bring up the full response message.

Also, for the WHM employees specifically, have they been setup as Foreign Resident for Residency and Working Holiday Maker in Tax Scale along with their Home Country being selected in their profile?

• Coorarabox1
    edited July 10

Thanks for your reply Rav - you will be glad when I've got this sorted!! The full error response was returned on the EOFY submission. Attached is the latest screenshot of the full response message (I think I've changed the address details 6 times and re-submitted it) but still there is one thing obviously wrong - I copied the 3 backpackers' addresses over from Payroll Premier the other week as they had been terminated. As you know the PP would not accept overseas post codes or Country but now I can't seem to get it right in the proper boxes. I've attached a screen shot of one of them - it's definitely confusing … the address I had initially was 35 Albion Place Campbell Park Milton Keynes BUCKS MK94AJ UK but then had to put State as SA and post code as 5290.

I hope you can help … or I'm off to Timbuktu!

Judi

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,400 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager

Dont book those flights just yet Judi! 😆😄

Ok after seeing your screenshots, I think this one will be an easy one to sort out.

What that error message is saying (in an overly complicated way) is that it's rejecting the overseas address as it only accepts AU address data for STP.

What I'd suggest you do is update the address info for the employee(s) to what their AU address is/was while they're here.

Please note: it's completely fine that they're a WHM when it comes to their tax scale and income type. This is separate from that.

Once you've updated the address details to a valid Australian address, send through the submission again and it should go through ok.

Let me know how you get on.