Can't send Reckon Mate invites. Help file is incorrect. Here's a workaround. Proper Fix needed

holcroftgroup
holcroftgroup Member Posts: 3 Novice Member Novice Member
edited July 18 in Reckon Mate App

This error is apparently due to a new permission called "invite", that the role 'Employee' needs to have but the default 'Employee' role does not have it and it can't be enabled by the Administrator role as the default roles (there are 6 of them) are read-only.

This appears to have been a 'miss' when the new feature was created. The default 'Employee' role was not updated to enable 'invite' (setting/general/roles/administration/users), thus invites to Reckon Mate fail.

The help file ( https://help.reckon.com/article/hm4m2em0sa-employee-invitation on how to set the 'invite' permission is incomplete and the current advice does not work as it advises to change the 'Employee' role. (which is not possible as its set R/O). So……

My workaround to solve this is below. (not ideal, but it works)

The 'Employee' role is a default role that can't be modified. In order to enable 'invites' , you need to duplicate the 'Employee' role, modify the permissions as per the help file, (in setting/general/roles/administration/users). Then add employees to this role (not the default version) and then invite the employees you wish to have access to Reckon Mate.

Hope this helps

-Ant

Answers

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,378 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager

@holcroftgroup

Hi Ant, this is interesting and thanks for calling it out.

Just out of curiousity, are you aware whether the employees you were attempting to invite already had a Reckon Portal account under their email address prior to sending out the invite?

I think we'll need to do a bit of testing to check things over to see if things are working as they should be.

🎉 Get rewarded for contributing to the Reckon Community! Learn how you could get a $100 gift voucher each month HERE.

• holcroftgroup

Hey Rav,

They did, they were also in Payroll. I removed the employees from the employee role and the problem remained. I deleted them from the portal and the problem remained. I never removed them from payroll.

As an FYI, Support was able to send the invites, which worked. As a result I wasn't able to test the impact of enabling invite permission but the fact I could set it, gave me a little comfort, and from that I assumed the rest of the help file instructions would work.

-Ant

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,378 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager

Thanks for the extra info and just to clarify, when you say you "deleted them from the portal", how did you do that specifically?

As in, had their Portal accounts deleted entirely by our support team or removed from the Staff menu in the Reckon Portal?

🎉 Get rewarded for contributing to the Reckon Community! Learn how you could get a $100 gift voucher each month HERE.

• holcroftgroup

deleted them from setting/general/users