Novatti payments not working…….again

Anita_8363986
Anita_8363986 Member Posts: 41 Reckoner Reckoner

Hi, This is the third time this year that Novatti payments are not working. We cannot accept credit card payments from our clients. This is so frustrating when it seems to take days or in the past more than a week to repair. I’m seriously considering moving from Reckon because this payment system is so unreliable.

I informed Novatti support last night. I still have no update as to when it will be online again. I keep getting the error message “Oops not working”. The number is NPS-15172.

Please can someone from Reckon get on to this?

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,378 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @Anita_8363986

I'm really sorry to hear you've run into issues with your payments service again.

Let me get this across to the Novatti team and ask them to take a look at your ticket ASAP.

🎉 Get rewarded for contributing to the Reckon Community! Learn how you could get a $100 gift voucher each month HERE.

• Anita_8363986

Thanks Rav. I don’t know how long this has been off line and I really need this sorted ASAP. They promised an update by end of day yesterday but I’ve heard nothing.

• Anita_8363986
    edited August 25

Hi Rav, is there any update? I’m still waiting on a progress report since reporting this issue on Thursday evening.

Anita

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,378 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager

I haven't heard anything back from them just yet Anita, but I'll let you know as soon as I do.

I already made the urgency around this very clear but I'll ping them again for another push. I'm keeping a pretty close eye so I'll let you know any info around this as soon as I have any.

🎉 Get rewarded for contributing to the Reckon Community! Learn how you could get a $100 gift voucher each month HERE.

• Rav

Hi Anita

The Novatti team have let me know they've worked on your case and will be in touch with you directly, if they haven't already, with info on the next steps to have this sorted.

• Anita_8363986

Hi Rav,

I’ve started on the next steps of reapplying for Reckon Payments. I’m getting “failed confirm form submission” error messages, so I’m no closer.

I emailed half an hour ago. No response as yet.

• Rav

Hi Anita,

I believe the Novatti team have been in touch about this since your last post.

They've mentioned they have rectified the issue causing that error message and also confirmed they have received your application which is currently in-progress.

Hopefully not too much longer and they'll keep you informed as soon as it's completed.

• Anita_8363986

Thanks Rav, the payments process appears to be working again.

I’m still trying to work out some details regarding fees. I’m getting mixed messages from Novatti. Every time there’s an issue, it seems my preferences change. We were always paying the surcharge, it seems that for a while the customer has been paying.

It’s back and forth, not getting clear answers.

I’m surprised that Reckon uses Novatti which in my experience seems to be an unreliable payment method. When there are issues, it takes days to fix. It’s not possible to get on the phone and speak to someone about the issue, they simply relay messages and promise to get back in touch and provide updates which they don’t do.

I’m afraid that if I was to give advice to someone looking for an accounting system, I can’t wholeheartedly recommend Reckon. They need to be able to provide reliable services. When there are issues, they need to have them resolved quickly without emailing a third party multiple times a day trying to get a response.

Thank you for helping out but it’s a frustrating experience that doesn’t seem to improve over time.

• Anita_8363986

Hi Rav,

Novatti payments were back on track last week. I’ve been put onto the new payment platform so there are some changes.

I’m still trying to figure out how I can know when a customer has paid an invoice using Reckon/Novatti payments. As of last Thursday, I’m still waiting on a response from Novatti.

Previously, I would receive an email once a customer made a payment. It would include the customers business name in the email. It would be clear as to which business had made a payment.

Now I only seem to have an option of a daily or monthly report. This includes the “Account Holders” name which seems to be the name of the person paying by credit card. It seems totally unrelated to an invoice number or business name.

Knowing the invoice or business name of the payment was a very helpful feature previously. Now I just see random payments and have no clue where they are coming from.

Can you please help? How can I track payments?

• Rav

Hi Anita,

Glad to hear there's been some progress and you're back on track in terms of the payments working for you now.

In regard to the query around tracking payments and the differences between the two platforms, let me follow that up with the Novatti team for you and get them to share that info with you.

• Anita_8363986

hi Rav,

Are we any closer to getting a response from Novatti? I’ve emailed them multiple times this week and I’m just getting no response from them.

• Rav

Hi @Anita_8363986

I'm disappointed to hear Novatti weren't in touch earlier. I spoke with them again on Friday in relation to your case and strongly emphasised to make contact with you and discuss your queries around your move to their new platform.

If you weren't contacted on Friday already then I'd imagine they will be in touch today at the latest.

• Anita_8363986

hi Rav,

I received a reply on Friday:

“Hi Anita,

We have been advised by Reckon this morning that there is a Customer Transaction Report in Reckon One which we believe will allow you to reconcile the payment transactions against your invoices for your customers.

Our system will provide you with the real time payment transaction details, and we will send a daily settlement report to your email .

This should hopefully assist with your reconciliation.”

Yes I do receive a daily report from Novatti but this doesn’t tell me who the payment is from. Novatti don’t seem to be able to help me with this despite the fact that the Novatti payment is connected to an invoice.

What report is reckon suggesting I use to clearly see which payments coming in are from Novatti?

Once you let me know what that is, we still need to wait until Reckon reports are online again. It’s been offline a whole week already.

• Anita_8363986

Hi Rav,

Novatti payments are not working again. I have emailed them using the last email string and the number NPS-15172.

It’s near the end of the month and I will soon send out invoices. I need this resolved ASAP.