Why do I get the error "Unable to verify the active printer at the system level' printing from Quick

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 0
edited February 2017 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
when try to print comes up ..unable to verify the active printer at the system level, please verify the printer is turned on and try again

Comments

• John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Happy New Year Julie,

Sorry to hear of your problem.  First, delete the wpr.dat file at C:\Users\<logged in user>\AppData\Roaming\Intuit\Quicken\Config and try again.

Another source of the problem is if you are using a pre-2012 version on a 64-bit operating system.  Try this:
    Generate the report to print and select as your printer the Quicken PDF Printer.  Save the file to your Desktop and then attempt to print again to your normal printer.  

If you have further problems you will need to contact our Technical Support.

regards,
    John
  • Frances_6637886
    Frances_6637886 Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Hi I have the same problem. How do I get to where the wpr.dat is to remove it
  • John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hi Frances,

Welcome to the Reckon Community.  

Use Windows Explorer / File Explorer and follow the directory path from Local Disk C.  

If a directory specified does not appear then it may be hidden so you will need to open it for viewing.  On Windows 7 click on the Organise button (Windows 8: click on the View Option) and select Folder and Search Options.  

regards,
    John
  • Gil Esparza
    Gil Esparza Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Thank you so much! Tried for 2 days following every lead online without success until I followed yours. My printer options are back.  Thanks for sharing.