Negative Super liability cheque

Options
Debbie_9161664
Debbie_9161664 Member Posts: 57
edited April 2020 in Reckon One
Hi Everone

Please help me, I have 2x Negative Super Liability chqs created, as follows how it occurred.

An employee changed super funds at the end of the quarter, after 3 months of payroll.

I have gone into each pay and changed the fund to the new fund.

There are 2x chqs as one is for the Employer super payment the other is for the Employee Salary sacrifice.

The initial  chq created is still at the full amount.

A new chq was created for the correct amount to the new fund

The negative chq is the difference between the 1st full amount - the new fund = negative chq

I have tried to create the negative chq in Pay Liabilites as I need to balance the super fund and deduct the 1st fund of the amount going to the New fund.

The system will not allow me to create a negative chq.

Please advise how I can get around this to balance.

Am I able to remove the negative chqs and amend the amount to the 1st full amount ?

I look forward to any assistance and help I could get now.

Many thanks
Debbie

Comments

• Kwikbooks (Professional Partner)
    Kwikbooks (Professional Partner) Member Posts: 824 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Hi Debbie

I am not following why there are negative cheques, I understand he changed funds, you didn't need to go in and change all pays to the new fund, you just needed to draw the 2 cheques to the new fund for super & sal.sac. - why is there an initial cheque for the full amount? and a new cheque for the correct amount? both cheques should be the same, changing the fund should not have changed the amount deducted?  If the first cheque was to the wrong fund amend the cheque!

• Debbie_9161664
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Hi 
    Because the original chqs are done in payroll liabilities to pick up/capture the super in payroll, so it shows as paid in the reports with the date paid.

So once the chq was created it has a full payment to the fund from a few employees.
    Both chqs cannot be the same as there was only one employee that changed funds, not all of them.

Hence the negative chq in liabilities to balance out the full chq with all employees and then the amount for one employee. 

The first chq is not to the wrong fund, the super bounced back as the super fund had changed, hence the amended payroll, but obviously not the way to do it.

I will amend the chq amount, not who it is to as that is fine, but I would like to remove the negative chqs in the payroll liability section

Thanks Deb

• Debbie_9161664
    edited February 2020
    Options
    All fixed now, got it sorted ... :)