Old Credit Card Entry error - not adding up

Options
Debbie_9161664
Debbie_9161664 Member Posts: 57

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone can assist with the error showing the payment is made in full, yet the full amount is not applied.

The same amount sits in the invoices to be paid.

Not sure what went wrong here, but I definitely did something wrong.

See attachment.

Any and all help is gratefully appreciated, took me ages to find this entry, but at least I found it finally !

Thanks Deb

Comments

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,309 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    Options

You should be able to tick all those lines to use the entire payment up

• Debbie_9161664
    Options

Yes that would be great it that worked, alas that option does not work.....

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,309 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    Options

In the pay bills window is there a credits list down the bottom of the window when you click on one of those o/s bills

• JudyA
    JudyA Member Posts: 56 ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Debbie,

If you look at the original CC bill, is there a negative amount entered on any line? If there is, I think that will be the cause of the problem you are having with an unpaid amount in the open invoices report. To get around this, add the negative amount to the bill total and delete the line; create a credit with the same date etc as the bill for the amount of the negative line. Then go to pay bills and use the credit and make sure any other lines are ticked in full. Save, and then create the open invoices report. Hopefully it is no longer there. I don't think negative lines are a problem all the time in RA, only when you go in and change the bill for some reason after making payment.

I hope that helps.

• Debbie_9161664
    Options

@Kris_Williams Yes, there are credits and I have tried numerous ways and times to apply the credits, so far nothing has worked, but I will not give up....

@JudyA I will try your way today and see how I go ! I do believe the entry may have been changed in some way, hence the incorrect balance. Multiple users .....

• Kris_Williams
    Options

I will be home later this afternoon and could logon for you and have a look if you wish, or I could connect to your computer via TeamViewer if you prefer. See how you go with Judy’s suggestion and call if I can be of help