2019 Personal Plus History

• Question
  • Updated 2 months ago
  • (Edited)
Hi, We have been subscribing to Personal Plus since 2000. I have not been finalising each year and therefore I believe that is why I have lost some share prices and history.  I tried copying .QPH files. do they have to have the same name and can you paste more than one file?  I seem to have an awful lot of them?

Can I finalise or produce an end of year report this year for all those previous years or should I go back and do an end of year transaction for each year since 2001?
thanks
Lee
Photo of Lee

Lee

• 86 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of Diver Dave

Diver Dave

• 5,664 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Lee, can you clarify what you mean by you have lost share prices and history because you have not finalised each year?

If you have a single file since 2000 all information should be there.  Even if you use Year-end procedure to archive annual transactions ALL share transactions are retained in the current file, as well as all previous years.

Easiest way to check individual share price history is to right click on the stock in Portfolio view.

You can produce Reports for any time period by using Custom Dates.

Come back with more detail if this doesn't answer your questions

Photo of Lee

Lee

• 86 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Thanks Dave
I don't seem to be able to keep one file going.  So I have back ups all over the place from changing PC's etc.  I do not know which .QPH file is the oldest??
I was assuming if I had produced an end of year copy each year that would have saved all the share price info.
I do not know how to keep one single file going.
for some reason at the moment I am using a file called 'Personal 2019' but it seems to be in a folder called BACKUP.  I realise you are unable to assist with my saving system. 

So my question is how many .QPH files can i copy and paste with my current file?

then there is the End of Financial year issue?

thanks
Lee
Photo of Diver Dave

Diver Dave

• 5,664 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Lee, it should be relatively straight forward to resolve, but probably easier to do it directly between us.  If you e-mail me at david.stewart@optusnet.com.au I'd be happy to work through the issues with you.
Photo of Peter Jenke

Peter Jenke

• 658 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Thanks Diver Dan.  I've been using Reckon/Quicken since 1990 and never realised I could right click on a security to see the share price.  I have always accessed prices by opening the share detail view.  Thank you.  And no, I don't take any year end action and have the full 29 years of data available.  I've always got regular back-ups I can go back if I do get into trouble to so I'm not sure I understand why there should be an issue.  And yes, I use dates to define any period I wish to report.