Can't open company file in QB accounting small business 12/13 with error code (-6000,-80)

Options
David Henry
David Henry Member Posts: 1
edited December 2017 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I was using my company file fine without any problems and since yesterday I have been unable to open the company file suddenly. It says it has an error code (-6000,-80) . I have run virus and malware removal programs and nothing shows up and a problem and I have also tried making a copy and renaming it but that doesn't work either. Does anyone have any ideas on what has happened and how to fix it??

Comments

• Graham Boast
    Graham Boast Accredited Partner Posts: 331 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Hi David

This knowledge base article steps through some issues:
    http://kb.reckon.com.au//issue_view.asp?ID=3626

Oddly, this is generally a multiuser issue, so I am perplexed that you suddenly have it.

My first steps would be:
    • close Quickbooks
    • delete the .nd files associated with the company file (it will be a 1kb file called companyname.nd without an icon.   Located in the same foilder as your datafile companyname.qbw with the red icon.
    • open services.msc (via windows button - R) and ensure the QBCFMonitorService and QuickBooksDB21 are both stopped (not running) with startup disabled
    Good luck

If you get stuck, I can fix it via remote support www.reckonhelp.com.au/remotesupport.htm

Graham Boast
    Reckon Accredited Consultant
    graham@reckonhelp.com.au

Graham Boast | 0409 317366 | graham@reckonhelp.com.au