Employee Vanishes in Payroll

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
This hasn't happened to me before. When I did payroll this morning, one of my employees completely vanished from the list. He's there in Employee Center but once I get into payroll, he's gone. It didn't happen last week when I was doing payroll. Is it a common error?
Photo of Kellie Riek

Kellie Riek

• 1,284 Points 1k badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Charles van Rotterdam

Charles van Rotterdam

• 9,776 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Kellie, they need to be an 'active' employee to show in payroll. If your employee list is set to 'all employee' then it will show both active and inactive employees and your employee will probably have a X beside him. Just make the employee 'active' and he will show up.
Photo of Kellie Riek

Kellie Riek

• 1,284 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Done that too LOL. Ill contact Tech Support
Photo of Sue Cheney

Sue Cheney

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hi Kellie
Did you find the answer to your question, as we are having the same problem with one employee.
Thank you
Photo of Luke

Luke, Employee

• 4,094 Points 4k badge 2x thumb
Hi Sue,

If you're encountering the same problem and have checked the employees record that they haven't been made inactive, then please proceed to rebuild your data file.

To do this go to File > Utilities > Rebuild Data.

When you click on Rebuild Data it will prompt you to create a backup before it starts the process, so there is no need to create a backup of your first before clicking on it.

Luke.
Photo of Sue Cheney

Sue Cheney

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Thank you for your comment just checking are you on Reckon Hosted?
Photo of Shirley Ingle

Shirley Ingle, Accredited Partner

• 2,892 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Hi All  Another place to look - Has there been a date put in the Release date. May have terminated the person by mistake.