I have downloaded the new 2019 accounts and it will not let me import my iif files, what do I do

• Question
  • Updated 4 months ago
  • Answered
iif file import into new 2019 accounts - retail
Photo of Adrienne

Adrienne

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 months ago

Photo of Kevin Russell

Kevin Russell, Accredited Partner

• 48,272 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Are you getting an error message?
Photo of Adrienne

Adrienne

Any Idea's?
Photo of Tim Spillman

Tim Spillman

• 3,352 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
I can import iif with 2019 no issues. So it is either a iif data file issue (did you edit it? was it save correctly as tab delimited file) open it in notepad to see or it is your install. What was your upgrade path? Did you uninstall the previous version? etc. etc..
Photo of Adrienne

Adrienne

I have done nothing different except I did not uninstall the previous version (thank god). I have now gone back to the 2018 retail accounts version. I have had to redo all of the work I had done due to restoring a previous back up done before the upgrade. I will not use 2019 until it is fixed.
Photo of Tim Spillman

Tim Spillman

• 3,352 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
So that is where it goes wrong, a prerequisite of the installation is that you remove all previous versions. 
Photo of Luke

Luke, Employee

• 4,062 Points 4k badge 2x thumb
Hi Adrienne,

Just to be clear, there are no problems importing IIF files into Reckon Accounts 2019 as long as the file is formatted correctly.

So it seems as though it's either a data file related issue or IIF is not formatted correctly. Could you please try performing a rebuild of your data file (File > Utilities > Rebuild Data) and then try importing the IIF again?

Luke