Inventory Manager won't install for Reckon Accounts Personal Plus 2015

• Problem
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • In Progress
Home Inventory Manager did not install automatically with Reckon Accounts Personal Plus 2015
installation off Disc. Tried using the "Manual Installation" option, which started to install and failed with an error code."Key Not Valid in specified state". The indication at the time was that the installation was Updating Component registration. There is no indication of which key is the problem. Reckon Accounts Personal Plus 2013 and HIM were uninstalled and PC restarted before Installation of Reckon Accounts Personal Plus 2015. The operating system is Vista and the autorun.exe file was Run As Adminstrator. Reckon Accounts Personal Plus 2015 itself is working fine,but I have no HIM.
Photo of Greg Batch

Greg Batch

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
  • frustrated

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Deny Dharmawan

Deny Dharmawan, Alum

• 2,530 Points 2k badge 2x thumb

Hi Greg,

Please try to install Home inventory using below steps.

If you download the installer, go to C:\TEMP\HAB\DISK1\Reckon Home Inventory Manager\installer\

Then run Qhinstall.exe as administrator.

If you have the disc, go to the disc drive:\TEMP\HAB\DISK1\Reckon Home Inventory Manager\installer\

Then run Qhinstall.exe as administrator.

Regards

Deny Dharmawan

Photo of Peter Jenke

Peter Jenke

• 658 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I can locate the .qhi easily enough. The problem is that the dialogue box just hangs and doesn't allow me to select a file. In fact although I can actually click on any of the 3 options, nothing happens, the box just hangs there until I close the HIM icon.
Photo of Peter Jenke

Peter Jenke

Mirko, any suggestions?
Photo of Peter Jenke

Peter Jenke

Still no joy. Can anyone help?
Photo of Mirko

Mirko, Alum

• 34,812 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Peter, apologies for the late reply. Please email me at community@reckon.com, I'll obtain the document John had mentioned below and pass it onto you. Cheers, Mirko.
Photo of Albert

Albert

• 404 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I had the same issue. I opened the QHI file after opening Home Inventory. Then I switched to Reckon Accounts and accessed HI. It then seemed to be synched.
Photo of Greg Batch

Greg Batch

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Deny,

Hi. Thanks for your reply. Same result however. 

I have resolved the matter since. Did a web search and found an article at this link

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6492235

So I moved the contents of the folder below, so that is was now empty and HIM then installed OK.

C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA

Regards
Greg Batcheldor
Photo of John Wren

John Wren

• 112 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hi Peter,
I had the same identical problem that you have experienced. Mustafa from the Reckon help team solved the problem. They said they would put the solution on the community board for Reckon.

Please see my email below to the team.

Hi John,

I want to thank you for taking the time to email us about Mustafa. I’ll make sure to thank him myself for great customer service and support.

I have forward it to him so he’ll be happy to hear from you.

Regards,

Jason Beaven
Team Leader – Technical Support

Photo of Shane Smith

Shane Smith

• 322 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I have just downloaded Reckon Personal Plus 2016 and when i try to open Reckon Home Inventory Manager it gives me the message box "RHI does not appear to be installed". then it tells me to install it from my CD which i do not have and neither can I have because I am travelling in Europe and Africa. Can I download the Home Inventory Program or files?  

There is a Quicken folder on my C drive with one file in it and a Quicken Home Inventory Manager folder with a stack of files in it, so I presume my old data is there somewhere. 
I will not be home to access a CD for months or a year. What can you advise me to fix this?
Shane

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.