Can there only be one user set to Administrator in Reckon Accounts 2015?

Leshelle
Leshelle Member Posts: 105 Reckoner Reckoner
edited August 2016 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Can there only be one user set to Administrator in Reckon Accounts 2015?

Comments

• Inigo
    Inigo Member Posts: 193 Novice Member Novice Member
    edited May 2016
    Leshelle,

There can be only one default user (called Admin) that has full Adminstrator rights.
    This is the same username that needs to be used/logged in as, when upgrading the data file.

Note: You can create secondary users that have full access to the different areas or functions within the data file.

-IM
  • Jean_9855189
    Jean_9855189 Member Posts: 18 Novice Member Novice Member

Since this advice is rather old, is it still pertinent? I created a book 2 weeks ago under my son's name and it was working ok while I re-entered previous invoices, then I needed to pass that on to him so I created another user, both of us were able to be given administrator status, it accepted it ok. But when I log in now with my own username it takes me to a new Reckon One and the book I created under my son's name is not there? I tried phoning back the consultant who had previously phoned me to check how I was going, but I was left on hold too long with no option to leave a message. If I don't get answers I won't be continuing with this.

Many thanks,

• Datarec
    Datarec Reckon Staff Posts: 1,202 Reckon Staff

Hi Jean,

You are asking about "Reckon One".

This particular discussion thread is about "Reckon Accounts" desktop software.

Reckon One is a different software platform.

It is likely you create a NEW portal account and in that separate portal account, created a new Book.

Recommend you give the Reckon One Support Team a call to assist you further.