Cannot download Australian Historical prices in Reckon Accounts Personal Plus 2021

Options

Recently installed Reckon Accounts Personal Plus 2021. Had some difficulty but seemed to eventually get there thanks to help from Gerry. However no historical share prices are present and the download historical share prices done as per the manual does not show my current stocks in my portfolio to allow any selection of a particular stock I might want the prices for. There is one exception - the only stock in the list ( It has an incorrect ticker symbol). in this case it says it is a US stock which it was not but that does not matter and is possibly a reasonable assumption for the software to make

The last historical prices I have date from two days before I upgraded. All Australian prices have updated OK since then

Has anyone else installed 2021 and had their historical prices carried over to the new data file? Or it something in my upgrade process that has caused this problem?

Does anyone have a solution to this issue? For me it is critical. Also 5 years history, if I can get it, would certainly help. but is still insufficient as I have almost 25 years of data. Not had this issue previously.

Comments

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,235 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert
    Options

Do you have a backup from last week at we can restore and see what that is showing.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. +61 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

Email: gwinter0808@gmail.com

499732 Member Posts: 8
    Options

Yes can and will do .................................................

499732 Member Posts: 8
    Options

Update, Have restored a data.rkn backup from EOFY June 30th. No issues and historical prices all there. I was then able to download historical prices from 30 June to today. Relief! Now am just faced with re-entering 4 months of transactions.

Currently running tests to see if I can get a more recent backup (prior to my original unsuccessful attempts to install 2021) to restore.

Conclude that my issue has been caused in some way by my installation problems and subsequent execution and download of prices contaminating my data file.

740277 Member Posts: 1
    Options

Reckon Home & Business 2021 was installed on my desktop computer 3 days back and I was assured by reckon, Australian share prices will be updated with no problem. But to my disappointment, share prices do not download. I tried many time with no luck.

I am new to reckon community.

I rang Reckon, I was told to seek help from reckon community.

Any help from any of the members?

Vinu

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,235 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert
    Options

Please call me on the number below and i will see what can be done.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. +61 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

Email: gwinter0808@gmail.com

• amandath
    amandath Member Posts: 1
    Options

Hi

I have this same issue. I have 20 odd years of historical data that I don't want to lose.

How do I regain historical ticker price data?

Thanks