Migrate from STP App to Accounts Premier Desktop

Options

Hi, we use Accounts Premier Desktop 2020. We will go to the 2021 version shortly but no plans to move away from Desktop version.

How do we migrate from the STP app into the payroll we use within Desktop?

Thanks

Tagged:

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,389 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi @Brian H Smith

There is no direct way to migrate data from the STP App to Reckon Accounts (desktop) software. The STP App can only migrate to the Reckon Payroll App (info here).

You've mentioned you are already using Reckon Accounts Premier 2020, to clarify, are you not using the payroll and STP function within Reckon Accounts itself? ie. why are you using the Reckon STP App?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Brian H Smith
    Brian H Smith Member Posts: 4
    Options

Hi Ray,

Due to time constraints when STP became mandatory it was easier to just setup in the App.

So do I gather that after doing my last June pay run that I setup STP in Desktop like I was a fresh user?

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,389 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Ok no worries. In that case, yes I'd recommend finishing up this year in the STP App and then start the new upcoming financial year in Reckon Accounts.

Do you have familiarity with how STP submissions work in Reckon Accounts (desktop)? If not I'll link some resources below -

The video is a couple of years old now but its still a good resource for an overview on getting setup -

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Brian H Smith
    Brian H Smith Member Posts: 4
    Options

Thanks - much appreciated