STP and Reckon Portal

Options
Cheryl Medley
Cheryl Medley Member Posts: 105

I have 5 clients that I do payroll for. All of the last two weeks' of 2020/2021 pay runs have come up with 'error'. When I clicked on 'error' the next message is 'error message'. I have also uploaded the EOFY files with fingers crossed these would be okay, but they aren't.

Nothing has changed with any of the employees within my 5 clients (soon to be 6), so all of their details have been accepted up till three weeks ago. I didn't notice the problem until I went to upload the final pays for the year which have also come up with 'error'.

Today is the start of the New Year and I have completed all 5 pay runs. I have not uploaded them yet though.

If anyone has a solution to what is happening and what I can do, I'd really appreciate it. If there is no answer to my dilemma, I truly don't know what to do next.

Cheers

Cheryl @ Burdekin Book-Keeping Services, Ayr, NQ

Comments

• Kali
    Kali Member Posts: 341 ✭✭✭
    Options
  • Cheryl Medley
    Options

Thank you, Kali. I followed those instructions and took on board the comments last night. I went into each client's details and put my e-mail address in 'A' drive (as suggested) then uploaded everyone's files again. Today - still error. So I thought about what employees may not have an e-mail (in primary industry, there are a lot of older employees who do not have e-mail) and went into each file, checked and put their employer's e-mail in. Then I found one employee whom I'd missed the post code in her set up (!!!???). Fresh exports on each pay run that had failed and EOY. And success! Reason to cheer. I decided that now I can upload yesterday's pay runs. Nope! I had to export each report again and upload to STP since when I exported them yesterday, I didn't have the e-mail addresses, etc. Success now! Thank you for you quick response and although I have spent this morning sorting things, I am now there. Cheers. Cheryl

• Kali
    Kali Member Posts: 341 ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Cheryl,

Are you using Payroll Premier?

The email error is due to the companies' contact email missing under Preferences -> Files

Nothing to do with the employee's email addresses?

• Cheryl Medley
    Options

Yes I am, but it still wouldn't work with just the companies' contact email so I went back in and made sure all employees had an email contact and then it all worked. So one more step - ?! And there was one new (June) employee that I missed the postcode in her setup. Suffice to say, I am feeling pretty good again now that job is completed!