Unable to submit STP reports from Payroll app - Cannot Reach Server

Options
johnadam
johnadam Member Posts: 6
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll 🚀

Hi.

I'm not able to submit pay runs to the ATO from the Reckon Payroll app (basic). Every time I make the declaration I receive the message "Cannot reach server

The server is temporarily unavailable.

Please try again later."

This has been happening for the past two weeks, since I started using this app I have not been able to submit a pay run.

Thanks,

Jamie

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,444 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi Jamie,

Did you migrate data over from the STP app or have you just started with a brand new account on the Payroll App?

Are all your employee profiles completed with the necessary information in each of the tabs in their profile?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• johnadam
    Options

Hi Rav

I had previously been using the STP app without a problem. I started a new account in Reckon Payroll and so I was not able to migrate data.

There is 1 employee, and all of the profile information is complete.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,444 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Thanks for getting back to me @johnadam

Can I just confirm, are you on the latest version of the Payroll App? Currently v2.11.15. If you're on an older version grab the latest update from your app store. Once its installed can you give it another go and let me know if you still experience the same behaviour.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• johnadam
    Options

Hi Rav, I am already on the current version.

• Rav
    Options

Hey @johnadam, thanks for checking that. Can you shoot me your ABN and I'll do a few checks on my end.

• johnadam
    Options

Thanks. It's 56 925 056 877.

• Rav
    Options

@johnadam

Thanks for sending that through Jamie. I've had a look through and I can see the cause of the problem but can I just confirm, did you attempt to update the branch number for your ABN in the app?

More importantly, is the actual branch number for your ABN 001 or 002? (if you don't have a specific branch number then the default is just 001)

• johnadam
    Options

Hi Rav

I don't recall trying to update it since I set it up. According to what the ATO told us, the branch number should be 002.

• Rav
    Options

Ok cool thanks for that. I'm going to need some help from my dev team to straighten this out as it looks like there is a mismatch in the branch numbers which is causing the problem.

I'll send that over to them now and I'll get back to you as soon as they've completed it.

• Rav
    Options

Hi again @johnadam

This should now be sorted for you. What you need to do is logout of your Payroll App account and then close the app down in full ie. swipe it away from your running apps.

Once that is done, reopen it and login and try out sending your pay runs as normal.

Let me know how you get on.

• johnadam
    Options

Hi Rav

That works correctly now, thanks for your help.