Changing EOFY submission on Reckon Payroll App already processed by ATO.

Options
Jan_10861662
Jan_10861662 Member Posts: 26
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll 🚀

Tried to submit EOFY on the 13/07/2021. Could not declare. Community suggested going to Website which I did and it worked. So submitted on Website instead of app to ATO. Submission on App has no numbers but says successful. I later discovered I made a mistake and need to change. I have tried changing on App unsuccessfully. Although I believe I should be able

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,392 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi Jan,

Just to clarify, do you mean you need to amend the 2020/21 employee balances? If so, you can do this in the Payroll App and then send through a new EOFY finalisation.

There's info in the article below on how to edit your employee balances depending on your scenario -

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Jan_10861662
    Options

Hi Rav,

Yes 2020/2021. I Sent my EOFY finalisation via desktop website as the declaration button on the Payroll app would not work. It was successful with the ATO but does not show figures in App in Pay runs EOFY 13 June 2021 only in Employees pay Summary. Later I realised after successful submission to ATO my figures (Gross) was incorrect. Meaning my employees tax assessment notice was incorrect. They told me to correct on app and then the employee could correct. So I tried to correct but found I could only change figures in Employees pay Summary. I tried a few times going up and then down putting 0.00. I have no + or - options and within your help articles I find the options I have are different, the screen examples sometimes do not match mine

Would much appreciate some help

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,392 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi Jan,

The first thing that I'd recommend you do is ensure you're on the latest version of the Payroll App, currently v2.12.9. Check your app store for any available app updates to install.

Secondly, I'd highly recommend taking a look at the info in the Community article I linked in my previously reply above. It contains the exact info on how to amend your employee balances in the new Payroll App depending on your situation, what to look out for and how it works.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Jan_10861662
    Options

Hi Rav

Yes have latest Payroll App.

Article does not refer to completed EOFY submission with ATO and requiring to be deleted and resubmitting again with new figures.

Yes I have migrated from STP app to the Payroll App, my 2020-21 EOFY finalisation has been submitted and successful with ATO. I have payruns in STP app and Payroll App. Payruns in STP app details Gross and PAYG only. Can not make any changes in payruns migrated from STP app. Do not want to change any new 2021-22 payruns.

The only way I can see I can change details already sent to ATO is to go in Employees, go to Pay summary for 2020-2021 and perhaps Delete? and then create new 2020-21 pay summary? Not filling in + or - figures but the actual figures I want under Tax withheld, Earnings, Superannuation as the previous figures have now been deleted. I can then declare new figures again to ATO. Is this possible?

I await your reply Regards Janet

• Rav
    Options

Article does not refer to completed EOFY submission with ATO and requiring to be deleted and resubmitting again with new figures.

The article I've linked to outlines how to make corrections to employee balances, that is what you're looking to do correct?

You can't delete any submissions (including EOFY finalisation) once they've been sent to the ATO but what you can do is make any corrections you need to and then send a NEW EOFY finalisation. Doing so, will overwrite the balances sent in the previous finalisation.

• If you have migrated from the STP app and have NOT created pay runs in the Payroll App for 2020/21 (and don't need to either) then follow the instructions pasted below on how to update your employee balances. Once you've made those corrections then send a NEW 2020/21 EOFY finalisation from the Payroll App.

I have migrated from the STP app and am ready to send my EOFY finalisation but my balances are wrong. I have NOT created any payruns for 2020/21 in the Payroll App itself and don't need to either. How do I correct my balances?

If you have just migrated from the STP app and haven't created any pay runs in the Payroll App itself, and don't need to either, then the totals on the employee's pay summary section will match the figures that are displayed on their Initial YTD tab.

All you need to do is update the balances in the 'Initial YTD' tab in the employee profile in the Payroll App to what you'd like them to be. This updated balance will then be sent through with your End of Financial Year finalisation.

Example: Employee John Smith has total balance of $1000.00 earnings, $200.00 tax and $50.00 super migrated from my 2020/21 submissions in the STP app. I can see this in the Initial Year to Date tab in the Payroll App but I know these are wrong, it should be $900.00 earnings, $150.00 tax and $25.00 super in reality, what do I do?

Super simple! Just edit the Initial YTD tab in the employee's profile with the correct balances that you need them to be. So in this example, just enter $900.00 earnings, $150.00 tax and $25.00 super in each respective field in the Initial YTD tab in employee John Smith's profile in the Payroll App.

• If you have migrated from the STP app and have ALSO created pay runs in the Payroll App for 2020/21 then follow the instructions pasted below on how to update your employee balances. Once you've made these corrections then send a NEW 2020/21 EOFY finalisation from the Payroll App.

I have migrated from the STP app and have created payruns for 2020/21 in the Payroll App as well. The Pay Summary balances for my employees are wrong and I need to correct them to send my EOFY finalisation. What do I do?

The Pay Summary section shows a combined total of the balances in the 'Initial YTD' tab in the employee profile + any pay runs created in the Payroll App itself for the employee.

Pay runs that are created in the Payroll App itself are shown in the Pay Runs tab.

Example: I have created 3 pay runs in the Payroll App for employee John Smith that total;

• $20,000.00 earnings, $5,000.00 tax and $1,000.00 super

The balances showing in the 'Initial YTD' tab for John Smith is;

• Initial YTD Earnings $30,000.00, Initial YTD Tax $10,000.00, Initial YTD Super $5,000.00

What you see in the Pay Summary section is the combined total of the pay runs sent from the Payroll App + the Initial YTD balance. So in this example -

• Earnings: $30,000.00 (Initial YTD) + $20000.00 (pay runs) = $50,000.00
    • Tax: $10,000.00 + $5,000.00 = $15,000.00
    • Super: $5,000.00 + $1,000.00 = $6,000.00

Now if the desired result is for John's earnings balance to be $30,000.00 only then you would need to enter the difference of this in the 'Initial YTD' tab ie. $30,000.00 - $20,000.00 = $10,000.00.

If the desired result is for John's tax balance to be $10,000.00 only then you would need to enter the difference of this in the 'Initial YTD' tab ie. $10,000.00 - $5,000.00 = $5000.00 and so on.

• Jan_10861662
    Options

Hi Rav.

Thanks for your response. Ok, cannot delete. Yes making corrections.

Migrated from the STP app, have created payruns for 2021/21 and 2021/2022.

ie. June 2021 $1385-72 & $315.10 = $1700-82

July 2021 $587-43 & $1186-90 = $1774-33

Do I follow Second Example? If I follow second example

My Pay Summary section for 2020/21 Shows

Gross 1898-82

Tax 198

Super 180-38

Nil Allowances

Nil Deductions

Latest result after several attempts to Edit

It needs to be

Gross 32467-81 includes JobKeeper

Tax 3400

Super 1992-40

So do I Edit to 32467-81 - 1770-82 = 30767-05

or 32467-81 - 3475-15 = 28992-66

How am I doing so far? Am I following your example?

Thanks for your assistance. Much appreciated and I await your reply

Regards Janet

• Jan_10861662
    Options

Hi Rav,

Looks like it's solved have correct totals. In declaration screen I am minus 'Submit EOFY Report to ATO button hidden under Foot Payruns Employees Reports Settings Upgrade. How do a move screen up to have access to button? Now struck at this point

Thanks for your assistance and await your reply

Regards Janet

• Rav
    Options

Hi Janet, glad to hear you've got the balances back on track.

In regard to the the button not appearing on-screen, this may happen if you have display assist settings switched on in your phone eg. Zoom/Magnification/Increased Font Size/Display Accessibility etc.

If you go into your phone settings and switch them off and reopen the Payroll App it should return to a normal view where you can access the options to proceed.

Let me know how you get on.

• Jan_10861662
    Options

Hi Rav,

As I own a Samsung phone, in the settings under full screen apps, it is not an option to change the aspect ratio as the app states it is optimised to run in full screen

Thanks for your assistance and await your reply

Regards Janet

• Rav
    Options

Hi Jan,

Its not so much the full screen apps settings that I mean, its more around display accessibility/assist settings.

If you're using a Samsung then I'd suggest checking out these two sections first -

• Jan_10861662
    Options

Hi Rav,

Do not have Screen zoom but changed the font size and success!

Thank you much appreciated

Regards Janet