Update Reckon Accounts Premier Edition 2021 to the latest

Options
Nole
Nole Member Posts: 4

Hi. Hope everything is fine. I would like to ask if there are prerequisites for updating Reckon Accounts Premier Edition 2021 to the latest version like database backup of any other stuff related to the company. I was tasked to update the version but I cannot proceed because I need to know what is the best practice to do the task. Also, I need to clarify the following steps that I saw in the Reckon help:

a. Disable AV software like Norton Internet Security, etc.

b. Close all opened files and programs

c. Disconnect from the Internet

The above are the steps but I need to know if I really need to be onsite to perform the update because I always do the update remotely on any software task that I need to perform and disconnecting from the internet will make me do nothing.

I called the support line and spoke to somebody. Provided him the Customer Name, spelled the name phonetically twice but still he did not understand what that Customer/Client Name is. He mentioned that the customer name does not exist.

Please advise. Thanks.

Regards,

Best Answers

• Nole
    Answer ✓
    Options

Do I need to perform any backups? Also, when can I get the latest update version? Apologies for my inquiries. Thanks.

Regards,

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,420 Community Manager Community Manager
    Answer ✓
    Options

Don't apologise at all 😊

Yes backing up the company file is absolutely essential and should be a regular part of workflow, not just at upgrade time. I'll link some info below on how to perform backups with complete verification which is an important step and should be performed regularly.

Reckon Accounts 2022 is available now and if you've already purchased it then you'll find it by logging in to your Reckon Members Area here with your Customer ID & PIN.

The tax table update for the upcoming financial year for Reckon Accounts 2022 will be released next month and there will be more info coming on that a little closer to release.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

Answers

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,420 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi @Nole

Upgrading from 2021 to 2022 will be pretty straightforward and you'll find info on the process in the Installation & Upgrade guide which I'll link below -

It might be a good idea to be on-site just to ensure nothing goes haywire but as I said its a pretty straightforward upgrade from 2021 to 2022. I don't believe disconnecting from the internet is a mandatory step in the process.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Nole
    Options

Thank you. I will let you know once I have completed everything. I will get the customer ID and PIN so we can download the update. Cheers. Happy Friday and a great weekend

• Nole
    Options

Hi Rav,

Good morning. I have completed the update. How can I determine the industry specific that I need to use?

The company is a manufacturing firm. I called support earlier but I was not able to see the toggle switch that your rep, Teddy mentioned. He advised to use the Manufacturing industry. He mentioned that if the switch will not appear, I will need to reinstall the reckon software. Please advise. Thanks.

Regards,