Incorrect EOFY individual Payment amounts

TLee
TLee Member Posts: 59 Reckoner Reckoner
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll

Hi there, I have spent the past 2 day/nights individually going through each employees weekly payments on the Reckon Payroll App, looking for the needle in a haystack as to why a number of the final payment summaries are out by between $2- 3c. In fact I’ve gone through them three times! Adding up all the weekly payments is correct, but the Reckon EOFY totals are incorrect. What do I do about this? Do I just submit as is? How frustrating. Please help.

Comments

• TLee

Confirming that I’ve not made any adjustments throughout the year at all. With one particular employee, I only had about 5 consecutive weekly entries, and the final balance was out by $2.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,378 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @TLee

The balances in the EOFY finalisation and the Pay Summary screen within the employee profile is made up of all your paid pay runs PLUS any initial YTD balance that has been entered for the employee either when they were first created or other point in time.

There's a detailed guide on understanding the pay summary balances in the article linked below -

Also, just a note. If you have paid any super over and above the default rate and/or salary sacrifice in your pay runs those are classed as Reportable Employer Super Contributions (RESC). Currently any RESC balances are not displayed visually on the EOFY finalisation and/or Pay Summary screens however they are captured accurately and sent to the ATO as part of your STP submissions including the EOFY finalisation.

🎉 Get rewarded for contributing to the Reckon Community! Learn how you could get a $100 gift voucher each month HERE.

• TLee

Thanks Rav for your reply. There have not been any initial YTD balances at any time.

You also noted the situation of having paid over above super. It so happens that a few i see i have (due to junior casuals not earning over $450/month). Do you know if these amounts can be balanced out with the fourth BAS quarter Super contributions?

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,378 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager

Just to clarify, are you saying you entered super for these employees even through they didn't cross the $450 threshold? If so, how did you do that? And are these the specific balances that aren't matching up for you at the moment?

🎉 Get rewarded for contributing to the Reckon Community! Learn how you could get a $100 gift voucher each month HERE.

• TLee

No, its the Gross amounts that are not matching up.

The incorrect over payment of a few juniors super due to them not being over the $450/mth threshold was due to my own spreadsheet error. Ill be making the 4th quarter super contributions today, so was wondering if i could balance out these figures with the payments today so that the annual figure is correct?

thx for yr assistance.

• Rav

Ok cool, thanks for clarifying. 

When it comes to the gross payments, is the EOFY finalisation showing the total balance for a given employee above or below what the pay runs are adding up to?

Regardless of the above, have you used any custom earning items in your pay runs for any of these employees? If so, have any of them been created as non-tax applicable ie. the 'Tax Applicable' option not ticked in the item setup? The reason I ask is, the EOFY finalisation and Pay Summary within the employee profile will only show pay balances that are 'tax applicable'.

Separately, do any of your earning rates have particularly long decimal values? In your opening post you've mentioned they're out by just a couple of dollars or so, the Payroll App currently supports values up to 4 decimal places.

Ill be making the 4th quarter super contributions today, so was wondering if i could balance out these figures with the payments today so that the annual figure is correct?

The above is separate to the gross payments and only relates to super, correct? If so, then if the employee hasn't crossed the monthly $450 threshold in a pay within the 2021/22 financial year then it won't calculate super unfortunately. The threshold has been removed for any pays in the now current 2022/23 financial year.

• TLee

Hi Rav, I only use 2 decimal points (rounded up).

The EOFY balances are showing 3 x above and 1 @ 3c below.

No custom earnings. All very easy straightforward entries.

I understand what yr saying about the super threshold, what I’m asking is since I’ve over paid super contributions to a few employees throughout the year, can I balance out these overpayments with the final super contributions for the financial year today? I don’t know how else I can clearly explain or ask this, sorry.

• Rav

Hmm I'm at a bit of a loss as to what could be the cause when its just out by a few cents. Usually variances in balances are down to balances being entered in the initial YTD for an employee or if a non-tax applicable custom earnings item has been used but you've mentioned that isn't the case 🤔🤔

I understand what yr saying about the super threshold, what I’m asking is since I’ve over paid super contributions to a few employees throughout the year, can I balance out these overpayments with the final super contributions for the financial year today?

Ah ok, sorry I get you now. Apologies I misunderstood. Yes you can, what you could do is enter the additional super that you've paid into the initial YTD section for the applicable employee.

Go into the employee profile for one of the employee's you've overpaid and tap on the Pay Summary. At the bottom you'll see a link to view and edit initial YTD balances. You could add the additional super that you've paid in here. After you do so, create a new EOFY finalisation and the balances will have updated.

Just make sure that you select the 2021/22 financial year and when entering any balances that you give it a date in the appropriate financial year as well ie. a date on or before 30 June 2022.

If you have existing super balances showing in the initial YTD section ensure that you ADD the additional balance to any existing earnings that have already been entered for initial YTD.

I've created a quick screen recording below as just a generic example but please apply to your own situation.

Hopefully that makes sense but let me know if not.

• TLee

Thanks. I guess I’ll just leave it as no other option.

• TLee

Hi Rav, today I received a voicemail from a gentleman from Reckon Accounting from Reckon App. It wasn’t very clear but I think his name is Iman So. He wanted me to give a call back on the number he rang me with but when I use that number the call just fails. I completed my EOFY summaries and submitted them yesterday so im wondering if it is a potential issue with that. Please assist in how I can get re intouch with him or someone that can confirm. Thanks Tania

• TLee

Also, when I did the submission of the EOFY payment summaries, I didn’t receive any confirmation or nothing shows on the app that it was done. Should I have?

• swakhlu01 .
    swakhlu01 . Member Posts: 482 Reckon Star Reckon Star

@TLee You should see the EOFY payrun listed in the STP tab in the app with Success status.

In addition, the Employee Income statement in the ATO MyGov should show Ready status.

• TLee

Thanks I shall look for that. Could you please also respond to my earlier query on the previous post.

thank you.

• swakhlu01 .
    swakhlu01 . Member Posts: 482 Reckon Star Reckon Star

@TLee I am not clear which post you are referring. If appropriate I will leave it for the Reckon Community support team to respond. I am only a user of Reckon App just like yourself.

• Rav

Hi @TLee

Took me a while to try and figure out that name but that would have been from Himanshu in our Cloud Solutions team. Its just a check-in call to see how you're going with the Payroll App and if you had any questions etc rather than anything specific to your EOFY finalisation or other submissions.