Pay run saying "done" but not showing in the EOFY Report

Options
jaysautomc
jaysautomc Member Posts: 4
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll 🚀

I did the last pay run of the 21/22 year which was for the period of June but was paid in July. That figure was showing in the the 22/23 EOFY report not the 21/22 report though. I then went in and amended the pay run as being paid on 30th June but it still isn't showing up in the 21/22 EOFY report, it is showing in the 22/23 report. Any ideas how i can fix this? All pay runs are showing as "done" but the pay run that i edited, is showing up twice under the STP tab, the original one as well as the amended one but only showing the amended one under the Pay Runs tab??

Comments

• swakhlu01 .
    swakhlu01 . Member Posts: 482 Payroll App Expert Payroll App Expert
    Options

@jaysautomc I will take the liberty of sending the instructions posted by @Rav in response to a similar issue.

Please follow this - (as suggested by Rav)

What I'd suggest you do is send a zero balance STP submission to bring all of the 2022/23 balances back to zero.

You can do this by creating a 2022/23 EOFY finalisation and switch on the 'Set all values to $0.00' toggle and send that through. This will update all STP balances on the ATO's end to zero. I've attached an old screen recording I made showing this however it shows me doing it for the 2020/21 financial year but in your case you'll need to do so for the 2022/23 financial year.

Once that is done, delete the original pay run you created and it will clear the 2022/23 balances from your app as well. Don't delete the zero finalisation as I'd recommend you keep that as a record.

Recreate the pay run(s) using the correct pay date and send through the submissions.

Hopefully that makes sense but let me know if you have any questions.

<end of instructions>

Refer this post for context -

https://community.reckon.com/discussion/8031895/eofy-issue#latest

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,416 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Thanks @swakhlu01 . 👍

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• jaysautomc
    Options

Thanks @swakhlu01 . that’s very helpful and all looks & sounds very straightforward. Thanks for your help 👍

• swakhlu01 .
    swakhlu01 . Member Posts: 482 Payroll App Expert Payroll App Expert
    Options

@jaysautomc The thanks goes to @Rav - i was only the messenger😎

• Lulu_0703
    Lulu_0703 Member Posts: 8
    Options

Hi

I did the same thing and had to get the ATO to zero out 21/22 year and do paper copies. The ATO says it shows I zeroed out 22/23 year but the 22 June payment is still showing on one side. What does that mean and will I have to do it again next year.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,416 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi @Lulu_0703

Its hard to try and determine what exactly has gone on from just the info above. If you can create your own new post with as much detail as possible to outline exactly what has occurred leading to this and where you're currently at both in terms of what's happening in your app along what next step you'd like to achieve that would be great.

You can click a new post for the Payroll App by clicking the 'New Post' button (on PC) or the + button if you're on mobile, or just click HERE

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• XIANXU
    XIANXU Member Posts: 3
    Options

I had the same issue and tried the above suggested method. It didn’t solve the issue.

Can I get to speak to technical support person to help with this? Any direct contact number to call? This is really annoying. The software has significant functional defects and there is no one available to give assistance when needed.

• Rav
    Options

@XIANXU Are you using the free plan on the Payroll App? If so, then the Community is your port of call for assistance and there is an abundance of support available for Payroll App users right here on this platform.

I'd be very interested to hear what specifically didn't work for you from the above and also what significant defects you're referring to. As I've mentioned to Lulu_0703 above, please create your own post and outline in as much detail as possible.

• Lulu_0703
    Options

Hi Rav,

I accidentally did the last pay run and the did EOFY but after it told me it was 'done' and a success I went to to EOFY and hit probably the 2022/2023 button and as such the last pay period went into 2022/2023. I did all the corrections but the only thing I managed to do was zero out 2022/2023. ATO had to block 2021/2022 and I was instructed to put EOFY as paperwork. Totally my fault but no- one could change the figures and actually add June to last year even though I submitted adjustments etc. ATO now has ' we have zero on one side and my June payment on the other but it should be OK. So there is the gist of it. I hit next year's EOFY by accident because it was in blue and the others in white. Maybe you could alter the colours next year so idiots like me don't make the same mistake.

Louise

• jaysautomc
    Options

@swakhlu01 . sorry for the delay in getting back to you, I only work one day a week for the company that i was having the Payroll issues with. So I had no drama setting the 22/23 year to zero but how do i delete a completed pay run once it's gone to the ato?? I cannot see how it can be done?

• Lulu_0703
    Options

I rang the ATO you can't do it without ringing as far as I know

• jaysautomc
    Options

Oh ok, thanks @Lulu_0703

• Rav
    Options

Go into the payrun itself and switch it back to draft status. Then tap the menu option in the top right corner and select the Delete option.

What @Lulu_0703 is likely referring to is the STP submission(s) which cannot be deleted for any reason.