Eofy missed all Saturday payroll amounts.

thinker
thinker Member Posts: 14 Novice Member Novice Member
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll

Eofy summary missed all the Saturday payroll instalments.

What can I do from here?

What did I do wrong?

Thanks, Phil

Comments

• swakhlu01 .
    swakhlu01 . Member Posts: 482 Reckon Star Reckon Star

@thinker are you suggesting all the Payruns you have made for FY 2021/22 (last year) on Saturdays are not appearing in the 2021/22 EOFY payrun. Please check the Pay Summary for the employee(s) and the status of the Payruns in the STP tab. Are these appearing as "Success".

Also refer - https://community.reckon.com/discussion/8031392/understanding-the-pay-summary-balances-in-the-reckon-payroll-app

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,378 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager

Hi Phil

Can you please give us a bit more detailed and specific info.

Did you perform a pay run on Saturday just gone (16th) that was intended for the 2021/22 financial year that isn't appearing? If so, what was the pay date that you entered for that pay run? The pay date is the determining factor on where a pay run belongs so if it was dated on or after 1 July 2022 for its pay date then it falls in the 2022/23 financial year.

If that's not what has occurred please let us know.

🎉 Get rewarded for contributing to the Reckon Community! Learn how you could get a $100 gift voucher each month HERE.

• thinker

No it wasn't that.

I clicked on eofy for 21-22 and the total was so small, that I checked and it looks like(but I haven't added every week), that it has missed the Saturday amounts,for the whole year!

Did I do something wrong?

How can I correct this?,

Phil.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,378 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager

Have you been creating individual/separate pay runs each and every time and are they all marked as paid?

Also, what is the earnings item that you've been using in these pay runs? Is it a custom earnings item and if so, has it been setup as a tax applicable earnings item?

The reason I ask that is, only tax applicable earnings will appear in both the EOFY finalisation and employee Pay Summary screens as they are required for STP submissions.

🎉 Get rewarded for contributing to the Reckon Community! Learn how you could get a $100 gift voucher each month HERE.

• thinker

Maybe not set up as tax applicable...

How to I change that?

The totals are correct, though, for each pay run.

• Rav

I'd first recommend checking whether the earnings item you're using actually has been setup as tax applicable.

You can verify this by going into Settings ➡️ Earning items ➡️ Select the earnings item you created and are using for your pay runs ➡️ The setup of the item will be displayed. Check whether the 'tax applicable' option has been ticked (and if a calculation method selected if applicable).

After doing the above, if you find that the earnings item has not been setup as tax applicable then you'll need to fix the employee's year to date balances and bring them up to what they should be in reality at this point. You could do this by editing the employee's 'Initial Year to Date' section in the profile.

Firstly, go into this employee's Pay Summary tab in their profile and review the balances that appear here for him/her. It will likely be the the same amounts that you saw in the EOFY finalisation which you've mentioned is lower than you expected and this will be appropriate if the earnings items haven't been tax applicable. You'll need to enter the missing balance of earnings (use a tax applicable earnings item such as Ordinary earnings), tax, and super.

If you have existing super balances showing in the initial YTD section ensure that you ADD the additional balance to any existing earnings that have already been entered for initial YTD.

I've created a quick screen recording below as just a generic example but please apply to your own situation. If you have any questions please let me know.

• thinker

I'll get into that when I can . It has been very stressful.

Thankyou.

Phil