EOFY report totals incorrect

Justine Biddle
Justine Biddle Member Posts: 6
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll 🚀

My Gross pay and tax withheld are showing incorrect totals but my superannuation is correct. I have triple checked all my pay runs and they are correct. How can I get the gross pay and tax correct?

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @Justine Biddle

What is incorrect about the gross pay and tax balances? Are they over or under what you expect the balances to be in reality?

One thing note, the Pay Summary and EOFY finalisation screens show the balances of all paid pay runs PLUS any initial YTD balance that was entered for the employee when you created them in the app.

I'll link to some more detailed info on this below -

Does the above apply in your situation?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Justine Biddle

The balances are under. If the super is $5,500 (which is correct), the gross pay should be $55,000 not $53,000

• swakhlu01 .
    swakhlu01 . Member Posts: 482 Payroll App Expert Payroll App Expert

@Justine Biddle assuming you are referring to the FY 2021-22 Payruns that you have submitted for an employee. Are you looking at the figures in the Payrun summary? Have you tried running an EOFY 2021-22 Payrun to check if it is also showing incorrect Total earnings?

If you have not already done so, check version number of app is latest - 2.24.45 (you can find this in settings).

Log out and swipe app off from phone. Restart and login. Check if Pay summary is any different.

• Justine Biddle

Thanks for the reply. All totals are the same in the payrun summary and EOFY 21/22 payrun. I have checked every payrun individually to ensure they are correct as well. Still showing incorrect gross amount and tax amount.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Have you used any custom earnings items in any of the pay runs and if so, have you created that custom item as non-tax applicable in its setup?

The reason I ask is, gross earnings and tax will only be included in the Pay Summary/EOFY finalisation if they are tax applicable as that is part of the STP requirements.

You can verify this by going into Settings ➡️ Earning items ➡️ Select any custom earnings item you have created (and used in pay runs) from the list ➡️ The setup of the item will be displayed. Check whether the 'tax applicable' option has been ticked (and if a calculation method selected if applicable).

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Justine Biddle

I did use a custom setting but it is set up correctly showing tax applicable. still not balancing

• Justine Biddle

is someone from Reckon able to look at my files?

• swakhlu01 .
    swakhlu01 . Member Posts: 482 Payroll App Expert Payroll App Expert

@Justine Biddle When you refer to Gross Amount in the Pay Summary is it showing any Deductions as well?

• Rav

Hi @Justine Biddle

Can you please delete any existing EOFY finalisations that you currently have in draft status in your list and create a brand new one. Confirm if the correct balances are showing there now.

If not, take a screenshot of your EOFY screen showing the $53,000 gross pay balance and send it through to me in a private message.