Accessing GovConnect

Options
System
System Member Posts: 236 Moderator Moderator
edited August 2022 in Accounts Hosted
This discussion was created from comments split from: GovConnect ABN.

Comments

• CBO
    CBO Member Posts: 3
    Options

Hi, I'm having the same issue when trying to log on to GovConnect to do my STP.

It tells me to register my ABN & when I do so it tells me that that ABN is already registered. I'm using the same log in I always have & it sends me the authentication code, but then it takes me to the ABN register screen.

I've logged out and back into my computer, Reckon Accounts Hosted, the company file and GovConnect but have the same issue.

I have been using STP for 2 years with no problems up till now.

Thanks for any help with this.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,447 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi @CBO

From what you've described it sounds like you may be logging in with a different account than what your existing GovConnect has been registered to. Can I grab your ABN and I'll take a look to see how/where its been setup on our end.

Cheers

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• CBO
    Options

Hi Rav,

thanks for your quick reply.

I agree although nothing has changed with my account or my login. This is the first time I’ve used GovConnect since upgrading to Hosted 2022 version so maybe something happened there

I have x2 companies.

ABN is 29 092 456 552

& 96 083 011 394

Many thanks.

Craig

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,447 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Thanks for getting back to me Craig,

I've just had a look and both ABN's are registered in the same GovConnect account. The account is under the same email address that your Community account is under, is that what you're using to login to GovConnect or are you attempting a different set of login credentials?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• CBO
    Options

Hi Rav,

Very impressed with your quick responses.

As is often (usually!) the case, user error seems to be the problem.

I log in to RAH using my user name c....b... and then when I logged into the portal to access GovConnect, I used that user name instead of my email address which then resulted in me essentially setting up a new account as when I did it, I had to redo the MFA setup etc which seemed odd at the time.

I have just logged into GovConnect using my email address instead and it's all working fine.

Many thanks for your help with this and apologies for my error.

Regards,

Craig

• Rav
    Options

No worries at all, glad we got to the bottom of it 🙂 👍

This discussion has been closed.