GovConnect - ABN already registered

Tony_10863177
Tony_10863177 Member Posts: 7

We have two companies running under the one Reckon Accounts Hosted account, and the two ABNs are registered in GovConnect for that account.

We have created a separate RAH account for one of the companies and moved the company files to that new account - RAH is all working fine. But, we can't set up GovConnect because the ABN is already registered. There seems to be no way to unregister the ABN in GovConnect for the old account.

How do we move the ABN to the GovConnect for the new account?

Tagged:

Answers

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi Tony

Just to clarify, have you also created a separate Reckon Portal account that you're now trying to register that existing ABN to?

If that's the case, you won't be able to deregister or delete the existing STP entity for an ABN from it's account if there have been submissions sent under it. However our support team can organise a transfer of ownership which will move the existing STP entity from it's current account to the new one.

There are security requirements around this so please get in touch with our support team and we'll be able to get this moving along for you.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Tony_10863177
    Tony_10863177 Member Posts: 7

Yes, I believe the entity will need to be transferred to the new portal.

I already spent maybe 90 very frustrating minutes on Monday with the support team. They seemed incapable of understanding what was required. In the end, they asked me to complete a blank Statutory Declaration (!!!!) with no instructions as to what was required in it or why. How absurd! I hung up on them.

If you can put me in touch with someone who can fix this for me, I would be most grateful. My phone is 0448439334.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

That's disappointing to hear, apologies for that experience Tony.

The team are correct in regard to a statutory declaration being required however it most certainly shouldn't be blank. I'll outline the requirements below, if you can please organise this and send it through to me in a private message I should be able to sort this for you directly.

• ABN being transferred
    • Email address of the existing account and email address of the receiving account
    • Brief reason for the transfer
    • If you are making the declaration on behalf of the company it must state that you are duly authorised to do so.
    • Signed by the individual making the declaration
    • Signed by a JP or other individual on the authorised witness list.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.