Failed to mark pay run as paid

Options
Monir
Monir Member Posts: 15
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll 🚀
This discussion was created from comments split from: " Mark as paid failed" error.

Comments

• Monir
    Options

Hi I am having the same error, “Failed to mark pay run as paid” since December 2022. I can't send any payment to ATO since December2022. The app is up to date. Now what is the consequences of the this? Do I have to switch to any other STP or Reckon is going to sort the issue out for us anytime soon?

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,444 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi @Monir

Are you trying to mark the existing pay run that you've created as paid since December? If so, delete that specific pay run and recreate it then mark it as paid.

If you continue to encounter the error after doing the above then check the following -

• Are all the employees that you've included in this pay run in an active status?
    • Are any superannuation funds and superannuation items that are used in the pay run also all in an active status? ➡ This is important

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Monir
    Options

Hi Rav yes all the payment are in the app hanging as draft. I created new payment last week and getting same error. Yes active employee and no superannuation fund or items are used.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,444 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

I'd suggest that you delete all of those pay runs if you still have them in draft status.

Following that, the next thing to look at is the employee and company information. Specifically each employee profile to confirm whether there is complete and valid information in each field. The reason I say that is invalid information will cause cause conflicts in the app's ability to process the pay run.

You also need to do the same thing for the Company Details that you'll find under Settings ➡ Company Details

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Monir
    Options

Hi Rav emplooyees and company information are complete and valid as I was sending payment to ATO before 13 December 2022. I created pay run last week still getting error, “ Failed to mark pay run as paid”

• Rav
    edited February 2023
    Options

Were any new employees or any changes made after the pay run you sent on December 13?

Are there multiple employees included within the pay run that you're attempting to create?

Can you take a screenshot the error message that is appearing when you attempt to create the pay run and post it here.

Also, can I grab the ABN that you have registered to your Payroll App account

• Monir
    Options

ABN 99742841479.

screen shot attached

• Rav
    Options

I've put the details of the issue you've described so far into a case and sent it over to our mobile dev team to investigate further.

I'll let you know the results of this once the team have taken a look.

• Rav
    Options

Hi @Monir

The dev team are currently looking into this issue. They've asked if they have your permission to access your Payroll App book to further troubleshoot and investigate the cause.

If you can please confirm they can continue to progress this.

Cheers

• Monir
    Options

Hi Rav. Can they access to my sensitive information such as TFN ?

• Rav
    Options

Hi Monir

The dev team will require full access to your account. However this will only be used for investigation and troubleshooting purposes to diagnose the issue you are currently contending with only in order to find the cause and recommend a solution.

No data will be recorded or removed from your account.

If you are happy to proceed please provide your acceptance & confirmation and I'll communicate that to the devs.

• Monir
    Options

Hi Rav I am giving permission to access my app/record with the condition you have confirmed that no data will be recorded and removed. Thanks.

• Rav
    Options

Hi Monir

If you haven't already done so, can you please delete ALL pay runs that you currently have in DRAFT status and once that is complete, create a brand new pay run from scratch today and confirm whether the issue is now resolved for you.

If you still cannot complete the pay run, post a screenshot of the error message here. However please ensure you have deleted all drafts first as this is important.

• Rav
    Options

Hi @Monir

Just following up on my last reply above.

When you have a chance can you please check it out and let me know

Cheers

• Rav
    Options

Hi Monir

Can you please confirm whether you are still encountering this error or if you are now able to successfully create pay runs?

I'll close the case associated with this on Wednesday if I don't hear back from you beforehand.

Cheers

• Monir
    Options

Hi Rav

It's working now. Thank you so much.