email password not accepted

craig_counsel
craig_counsel Member Posts: 2 Novice Member Novice Member

Trying to send invoices and have been using the same password since February and now it will not accept. Not sure what to do and keeps telling me the email address or password is incorrect. Please advise?

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,209 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @craig_counsel

Which email service are you using?

Are you able to access this email service external to Reckon Accounts successfully? ie. can you access this account using the same email address & password that you're entering into Reckon Accounts?

Have you upgraded to Reckon Accounts 2023 or are you still on 2022 at this stage?

Sorry to ask the basic but are you 100% certain you're entering the correct credentials? eg. caps lock, spacing, special characters etc

🎉 Get rewarded for contributing to the Reckon Community! Learn how you could get a $100 gift voucher each month HERE.

• craig_counsel
    craig_counsel Member Posts: 2 Novice Member Novice Member

Hi Rav

We are using gmail email.

We can use this email successfully outside of Reckon, we have a different password for the gmail than we do for Reckon.

I have renewed my user licence, but am unsure if this automatically upgrades me to the 2023 or not.

And yes I am pretty confident I am entering the correct credentials.

I have changed my Google password within the last week, but his should not have any impact with the Reckon password, and as stated I have been using the Reckon password since February. Thought this might be worth a mention as it is coincidental.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,209 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager

Thanks for getting back to me @craig_counsel

Ok with Gmail, I think it potentially could be related to the information that is in the help guide below. It does contain the incorrect email address & password prompt that you've mentioned so I think using an App Password will get this back on track.

I have renewed my user licence, but am unsure if this automatically upgrades me to the 2023 or not.

In regard to the 2023 version, it doesn't automatically upgrade as there's an installation process and some considerations for you to be aware of, particularly with STP Phase 2 taking effect from the 2023/24 financial year. I'll add a couple of resources on this below -

🎉 Get rewarded for contributing to the Reckon Community! Learn how you could get a $100 gift voucher each month HERE.