Is the Free trial STP 2 compliant?

Options
ACrete
ACrete Member Posts: 12
edited July 2023 in Reckon One

Hi, prior to signing up for a free trial, is the Reckon Essentials plus Payroll STP phase 2 compliant for the 30 days I'd be using it?

Also, would my existing data from the Reckon payroll app (which I already have & have been using) be available when I sign up for Essentials + Payroll?

I have tried asking a question on the community forum before & had no responses so I'm not confident in having my questions answered....

Answers

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,427 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi @ACrete

This post has been created in the Reckon Accounts Desktop category but are you referring to the Reckon One software on the essentials pricing plan? (Info here - https://www.reckon.com/au/accounting-software/). Please confirm just so we're both on the right track.

Your data in the Payroll App will remain as it is and won't transfer to Reckon One at this stage however before we go down that road, is there a particular reason you're looking at Reckon One? ie. are you looking to do more than just payroll etc?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• ACrete
    Options

Hi Rav,

Sorry, I didn't it was a different thing reckon one & Reckon accounts desktop. I can see now it does say Reckon One with the modules/plans & pricing that I'm looking at. Is Reckon One cloud based online?

I am currently looking to move from a basic old Myob program for essential/basic bookkeeping purposes. I am looking to possibly include modules - Basics core + Create invoices/bills + Pay employees (1 only).

Hopefully my accountant can get access to it as well. I also hope I can import data from the Myob program I'm currently using though I doubt it because it is an extremely old desktop version but thats a question for another time.

Just wanted to basically know if I use the free trial for 30 days, it will be STP 2 compliant and then once the free trial is over can I alter/change my plan to only include the modules I need.

Thanks,

Kat

• ACrete
    Options

On another note, I don't mind if the Payroll app data can't be transferred as long as once I cancel my app subscription I can still access the info as 'read only'.

(sorry I can't edit where this question is listed now but I do have it tagged "Reckon One" & "STP phase 2")

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,427 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Thanks for confirming @ACrete, I've moved your post over to the Reckon One category.

Now in regard to your question, Reckon One will be receiving an upgrade next month for payroll that will bring in a number of benefits, one of them being STP Phase 2 reporting. There's more info on this in the announcement linked below.

At the moment its covered by our deferral to September 30 so currently creates pay runs and sends STP submissions under STP Phase 1.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• ACrete
    Options

Ok, the app is already STP phase 2 compliant so I think it would be best to continue with that because I don't know if the ATO would like it if I'm currently submitting payroll as STP phase 2 and then downgrade back to STP phase 1 with ReckonOne...

I suppose I could always create my own 'Basics' plan for now and when ReckonOne payroll starts using STP Phase 2 reporting I can always add that to my plan then. Makes everything a little disconnected but I guess not much different than how I am currently tracking everything.

But you are also saying I wont be able to transfer the app data over to the ReckonOne payroll?