Client has upgraded to 2023 Accounts Hosted before we finalised 2023 STP

Options
Sharlien
Sharlien Member Posts: 16

Hello

Just found out one of our clients upgraded to 2023 reckon hosted BEFORE doing the STP finalisation for 2023.....how do I handle the STP Finalisation for 2023 now? Should I do the migration first then lodge? Or lodge the 2023 finalisation THEN do the migration?

Thank you!

Answers

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,536 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi @Sharlien

If the client has a backup of the file prior to upgrading you could still open that file in the 2022 version and complete the EOFY finalisation there. Once its done you can then upgrade the file again to Reckon Accounts Hosted 2023.

Just something to note, Reckon Accounts Hosted 2023 will only support STP Phase 2 pay runs & submissions so the first thing we'd recommend doing after upgrading is using the Migration Assistant to update employee and payroll item information for STP Phase 2 compliance. Check out more info in the FAQ below -

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,348 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    Options

@Rav

if you do open 2023 and upgrade the file, then do the Migration assistant, can you lodge EOFY then?

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,536 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Yes definitely, that's another option as well @Kris_Williams 🙂

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Sharlien
    Options

Thanks Rav - unfortunately my client upgraded over a week ago - she thought the email's said you could upgrade after the "final pay" - she didnt realise it was the Finalisation event, so she upgraded right after her final pay run for 2023. If we upload the backup then lodge the finalisation then re-upgrade she's going to lose a bunch of data thats been put in since the upgrade.

Any other options? If I run & complete the STP Migration Asssitant won't it just update prior pay's anyway, then I can just lodge an STP Phase 2 finalisation for 2023 out of 2023 Hosted (even though the events for the year are Phase1)? I lodged a pay run from last week that was done prior to Upgrade&Migration, but not lodged - it lodged fine today as STP Phase 2 even though it was created in the prior version - would Finalisation event not be the same?

• Rav
    edited July 2023
    Options

Hi @Sharlien

Sorry I should have made this clearer in my previous reply. Yes you can definitely create and submit the EOFY finalisation in the new 2023 version now that the file has been upgraded. It will just require you to perform the STP Phase 2 Migration Assistant first so that its sent (and accepted) as a Phase 2 submission 😊

• Sharlien
    Options

OK! Brilliant, that we can do! Thanks so much for your super speedy responses!