Cannot Proceed with upgrade

Zwani
Zwani Member Posts: 6 Novice Member Novice Member
edited August 2023 in Reckon Payroll 🚀

Once I have logged in to Reckon one book and across the top it says

STP Phase 2 is here! Head over to our new and improved payroll experience and get ready for the next phase of Single Touch Payroll before 1 October 2023. Learn More

Click on that and you select company - step 1 of 3

Step 2 of 3 is

Status ACTIVE

Branch number* (enter 001)

Enter the last 3 digits of your ABN above*

Continue

Step 3 of 3 comes up with

Book name - which is correct. Then it shows

Without ticking this box, I can't "complete company setup"

Thank you

Answers

• Zwani

cant proceed from this page when I click "Complete company setup"

I am using reckon one

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,209 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager

Hi there @Zwani

Thanks for the clear info and screenshots, they really help.

Just a couple of questions..

Are you the admin of the Reckon One book and associated STP entity in GovConnect for this ABN?

Has the Reckon One book been shared with you or are you the owner?

If you close down Reckon Payroll, open your Reckon One book again then re-open Reckon Payroll does it take you through the same setup process again rather than just opening up straight away?

🎉 Get rewarded for contributing to the Reckon Community! Learn how you could get a $100 gift voucher each month HERE.

• Zwani

Hi Rav,

Yes I am the Admin/Owner

When I close and reopen it it takes me through the whole process again with no success

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,209 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager

Thanks @Zwani

I'm going to send through a request to access your Reckon One book so we can take a closer look into what's going on there.

It'll come through via email, please review it and grant access when you can and let me know when you have.

Cheers

🎉 Get rewarded for contributing to the Reckon Community! Learn how you could get a $100 gift voucher each month HERE.

• Zwani

Hi Rav

Still waiting for the invite.

• Rav

@Zwani I sent this through to you yesterday evening at the time of my previous reply. It will come through to the same email address that the Reckon One book is registered under and that looks to be the same email address your Community account is registered under.

• Zwani

I have checked my inbox and spam folder and there is nothing, maybe resend

• Rav

That's ok, not needed anymore 🙂. I was just having a chat with my dev team about what you've highlighted so far and they're going to need to investigate why you're being taken to the company setup process rather than Reckon Payroll just opening up as it should based on what I've observed so far.

I've put the details of this together and sent it through to them for a closer look. In the interim, please continue to use the existing Reckon One payroll functionality in your book and I'll let you know as soon as I hear back from my devs.

• Zwani

Thanks will wait and see

• Rav

Hi @Zwani

Just following up, this should now be resolved for you. If you open up Reckon Payroll from your Reckon One book it should open normally.

Give it a try when you can and let me know how you get on.

I'll add some info on upgrading to Reckon Payroll below if you haven't seen it already 🙂

• pearltea
    pearltea Member Posts: 11 Novice Member Novice Member

Hi Rav,

I am having exactly the same issue, it's has taken me to the company setup process rather than Reckon Payroll just opening up. Can you also fix my Reckon one account?

Thanks.

Allen.

• AlexGuo
    AlexGuo Member Posts: 2 Novice Member Novice Member

Hello, I am experiencing the exact same problem as this user. Can you please advise how this issue was resolved and what I need to do. Thanks

• Rav

Hi @pearltea

I notice in your screenshot that you have branch number 002 listed however it looks like you're actually using branch 001 for your ABN and submissions.

Can you please head over to your Reckon One book, go to Settings ➡ Book Settings ➡ Check that you have your correct branch number listed in the Branch Number field.

If its blank or there's something other than the correct branch number in there, enter in your correct branch number which in this case looks to just be the default 001.

Once that is done, logout of Reckon One then back in, and open Reckon Payroll again. It should open normally rather than going through the setup process, unless there's some other missing or incorrect info in your setup.

@AlexGuo I'm not sure if you're in the same situation in regard to the branch number aspect but I'd highly recommend reviewing the above as well if the same applies to you.

Let me know know how you both get on.

• pearltea

Hi Rav,

According to STP Reporting on ATO online service portal the Branch ID is 002.

Should I follow the instructions and change to 001 anyway?

• pearltea

Hi Rav,

In the book settings, the Branch number was blank, and I have tried both 001 and 002, signed out and back in.

However, it still going through the setup process.

• AlexGuo
    AlexGuo Member Posts: 2 Novice Member Novice Member

Hi Rav. Thanks, I'm in now by changing the settings.

• Rav

Hi @pearltea

The branch number you've been using for your sent submissions up to this point is 001.

If you've added 001 in your Reckon One book settings and Reckon Payroll still isn't launching correctly then I think we'll need to take a closer look into that. I'm going to send through an access request for your book. Can you please review it and grant access when you can.

Cheers

• pearltea

Hi Rav,

Access granted.

• Rav

Hi @pearltea

This should be working for you now. The issue was you had spaces in your ABN in your Reckon One book settings field.

Give it a try when you can and let me know if you're able to access Reckon Payroll correctly now.

Cheers

• pearltea

Hi Rav,

It is working now.

Thanks.

• pearltea

Hi Rav,

I have another issue, I can't sign in using the payroll app. I come to realise that signing in directly on payroll.reckon.com also not receiving MFA code as well.

At the moment I have to sign in at portal.reckon.com and open the payroll link there.

On ReckonOne I'm signing with authenticator app instead of receiving code on mobile, I preferred this way.

Is this the reason why MFA code are not sending to mobile when signing into payroll directly and on payroll app?

If so how do I set MFA code to authenticator app instead of mobile?

Thanks again.

• Rav

Hi @pearltea

The Reckon Payroll app for mobile will be available to our Reckon One users who have upgraded to Reckon Payroll later in September. We'll have announcements here on the Community as soon as that is available.

If you're using an authenticator app for MFA then you will need to access Reckon Payroll via your Reckon One book. At this stage, Reckon Payroll only supports MFA via SMS.

• pearltea

Understood, thankyou.

This discussion has been closed.