STP2 permissions

Options
Syscogent
Syscogent Member Posts: 11
edited August 2023 in Reckon One

I've enabled/moved to STP2.

At the moment, only our admin account have access to the Payroll section! How could I give the permission to our bookkeeper?

BTW, It's Reckon One Product

Tagged:

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,536 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi @Syscogent

Glad to hear you've made the move over to Reckon Payroll! 😃

In regard to shared access, you need to have either the admin or payroll admin role in order to access Reckon Payroll.

Are you currently sharing your Reckon One book to your bookkeeper? If not, you can share your Reckon One book and STP entity from GovConnect with them to their own account, give them either the admin or payroll admin role and they'll be able to access your Reckon Payroll.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Syscogent
    Options

Thanks for your response

She had access to the book and STP but after moving to STP2, there is an issue

Here is the existing access profile for her

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,536 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

What issue is she running into specifically when trying to access Reckon Payroll? ie. is she encountering an error message when trying to launch Reckon Payroll? If so, what is it?

Also, is she accessing your Reckon One book from her own account? ie. has it been shared with her?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Syscogent
    Options

She is receiving the following message.

And yes, she is accessing the book through her own account.

• Rav
    Options

Thanks for that.

Are you the admin of the account? If so, can I get you to please check whether the admin and/or payroll administrator role has been assigned to them by you/the admin.

I'll add a help guide below which outlines this in more detail including a walkthrough with the steps to check -

• Syscogent
    Options

1 - I am the admin.

2 - She has not only the "Payroll Administrator" but also "Administrator" role

3 - The "Payroll Administrator" has default permissions as below.

4 - I should ask her to test again tomorrow and if she still have the issue, should I ask help desk to check our setting?

• Rav
    Options

Yes I think that would be a good idea @Syscogent

Let me know how it goes. If she is still having trouble then I think it would be best to give our support team a call and if required we'll get it over to our dev team to investigate.

• Syscogent
    Options

@Rav She still have the problem

Should I call the services desk?

What is the number?

Is there anyway that I can refer them to this discussion to skip redoing all these steps?

• Syscogent
    Options

For the record, if someone ended up visinting this thread

You need to remove the "Payroll Admin" role from the user and give the role back and wait for half a day :)