STP Phase 2 Upgrade, Branch ID/Number

Options
Arron
Arron Member Posts: 13

Hi, I'm undergoing the process of updating to Phase 2.

However, it asks for my Branch Numer.

I looked on my business portal and it seems to be saying branch 002 is the ID? just wanted to confirm if this was the correct branch number i should be entering?

Also, do i need to register a new software id or anything, or can i keep the same one as i was using in Phase 1?

Hope that makes sense.

Thank you!

Tagged:

Answers

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,537 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi @Arron

The default branch number is 001 and when I take a look at things on our end, it looks like that is what you've been using for your submissions up to this point.

I'd recommend that you ensure you have your branch number added in your Reckon One book settings by going to Settings ➡ Book Settings ➡ Branch Number

Also ensure there are no spaces in your ABN in the ABN field in your book settings.

If both the above are done in your Reckon One book, then Reckon Payroll should just open directly without the need for you to go through this setup process, check out more info on this here -

I'm trying to upgrade to Reckon Payroll, why am I being asked to setup my company?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Arron
    Options

Hmm, im having a look at the book settings now and it seems like its blank.

Does ATO automatically allocate it to Branch 002 for some reason? not sure why its showing up as 002 on Business Portal

• Arron
    Options

Im guessing Branch ID and Branch Number are two seperate things..?

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,537 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited August 2023
    Options

Hey there @Arron,

Sorry I can't advise why that is appearing that way in their portal however the ATO should be able to if you give them a buzz.

If the branch number field in your Reckon One book is blank then that'll be the cause of why things are going a little sideways right now. If you enter 001 in that field, which is the same as what your STP submissions are being sent under, then it should result in Reckon Payroll opening correctly.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Arron
    Options

Just gave ato a buzz and it's all sorted.

However now it's asking me to register a new software Id. Is that the next step or should it be registered already from stp 1.

I'm guessing it's considered a new software?

• Rav
    Options

It shouldn't be asking you to do that provided you used the same details as I mentioned above.

It sounds like you may have created a whole other STP entity for your ABN under a different branch number. Is that the case? ie. did you enter 002 into Reckon Payroll rather than the existing 001 that you've been using up until now?

• Arron
    edited August 2023
    Options

Yes. The ato said 002 was my branch number. But since I have only 1 business the ato must of been correcting it automatically when I submit to 001 (blank) previously.

Should I change it back to 001? Does it allow me to do that step again

• Arron
    Options

i changed it back to 001 in the book settings on reckon 1.

now it shows as registered:

i guess ill keep reporting under 001? even though im 002.