Can you downgrade from Home and Business to Personal Plus?

grmas1
grmas1 Member Posts: 7 Reckoner Reckoner

Simple question but may have complications, can you downgrade from Home & Business to Personal Plus?

I no longer need the business related functions in the program and therefore can't justify the $65 per year for it.

Answers

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,342 Personal Range Elite Expert Personal Range Expert
    edited April 9

If you used the GST function you may have, i have yet to try it.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

Email: gwinter0808@gmail.com

• grmas1

Well I was told when trying to downgrade that it was not possible without losing all my data, This along with the seemingly never coming updates that the annual subscription claims are coming are another nail in the coffin for a once great software service.

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,342 Personal Range Elite Expert Personal Range Expert

It depends on what features you have been using in H&B, get a trial copy of Personal Plus and use your existing file to see how it looks.

If you private text me your ID & pin i will organize it for you.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

• Datarec
    Datarec Reckon Staff Posts: 1,201 Reckon Staff

Hi @grmas1

If a data file was created or has previously been opened in a Reckon Accounts Personal range (Home & Business) software, the only way that it can be opened in a Reckon Accounts Personal range (Personal Plus) software would be to:

1. Remove any transaction that references the "Tax Control" account
    2. Then turn off any Business Centres in the personalisation options.

• grmas1

Seems a little too complicated and a far easier situation would have been to have the software backwards compatible and just read the personal account functions. Have no idea if I have used the Tax Control account function.

• Datarec
    Datarec Reckon Staff Posts: 1,201 Reckon Staff

@grmas1

Unfortunately that was not how it has been designed.

If you look at your Account List, you may see an account called "Tax Control" especially if you have made use of any business features that referenced Tax Codes like "GST", etc.

If you do not have a Tax Control account, then your file may be openable in the Reckon Accounts Personal Plus software.

Ensure that you have a backup of your data file set.

Consider installing the Reckon Personal Plus software on a different computer or on a different folder on the same computer.

• grmas1

Again the answer says 'may', the other issue is that your customer service people gave me no option to downgrade. I am not going to risk it with the possibility of having to just spend more money if it doesn't work.

• GerryWinter

if you call me next week I will explain it all to you and help you through it

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"