MFA already enabled - Cannot login

System
System Member Posts: 250 Moderator Moderator
edited May 10 in Accounts Hosted
This discussion was created from comments split from: IMPORTANT INFO - Multi Factor Authentication for Reckon Accounts Hosted 🔒.

Comments

• Linda Hawkins
    Linda Hawkins Member Posts: 33 Reckoner Reckoner

@Rav - I was not given the option of creating my own MFA for Reckon, it simply said I was ready to go. Now I can't log in as I don't have a code

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,167 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @Linda Hawkins

It sounds like you already had MFA enabled on your companion Reckon Portal account registered under your Hosted user name. You would have received a message like the below when enabling MFA in Hosted.

Due to that, there is no setup required for MFA in Hosted for you and you can just use the same MFA that you've already setup for the Reckon Portal when you login to Hosted. There's some info on this in our MFA for Reckon Accounts Hosted FAQ here

Hopefully that makes sense but let know if you have any questions.

🎉 Get rewarded for contributing to the Reckon Community! Learn how you could get a $100 gift voucher each month HERE.

• Linda Hawkins

@Rav - I don't though, only the client does for STP reporting. 🤦‍♀️

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,167 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager

Sorry I might need a bit more context here.

Who is the owner of this Hosted account from your screenshot above? You or your client?

If MFA has already been enabled via the companion Reckon Portal account used for STP, (which it sounds like it has), then you'll need to use that existing MFA when logging into Hosted as well.

Alternatively, you can revoke the existing MFA and set it to a source that is more convenient. There's info on how to revoke existing MFA on your account here.

🎉 Get rewarded for contributing to the Reckon Community! Learn how you could get a $100 gift voucher each month HERE.

• Linda Hawkins

The account is owned by my client, the MFA is set up by my client, I am trying to log in using my log in credentials . . . @Rav

• Linda Hawkins

I can't log in as my client as it will remove them from the application?

• Rav

Ok cool thanks for clarifying.

If the client has setup MFA on the symbusiness Reckon Portal account then that same MFA is what is now enabled on the symbusiness Hosted account as those accounts are linked.

Do you usually login to the Reckon Portal using the symbusiness login to send STP? I can see there is an STP entity registered under the account so I'm assuming that's the case.

I think it might be best for you to have a chat with our support team as I'm making a lot of assumptions at this stage but my gut feeling is;

• You'll need to revoke the existing MFA so that you can login to the Hosted account. Doing so will also revoke it from the companion Reckon Portal account as well.
    • If your client wants access to the STP entity that is currently registered under the symbusiness Reckon Portal account, you can share it with them to their own Reckon Portal account which will have its own MFA separate from yours.

• Linda Hawkins

@Rav - thanks, but I'm not sure what is going on! The only way we could have STP set up was to use the client's log in credentials, and I have to request the code from her . . . It's a real punish. I have asked her to revoke so we can start from scratch

• Rav

I think that's a good idea so at least we're starting fresh and things are clear.

Once its been revoked I'd suggest setting up the MFA on the account yourself since you're the one using that specific login.

Let me know how you go though

• Rav

Hi @Linda Hawkins

Just wanted to check in, were you able to get this straightened out?