MFA Authentication - Multiple Users

Pivacadmin
Pivacadmin Member Posts: 35 Reckoner Reckoner

Hi, how do we go about enabling MFA Authentication for a second user please? Our outside Accountant have their own login to our Reckon but I keep getting the MFA code sent to me - so we would like to know how to set up a second MFA please?

I know MYOB & Xero allow multiple MFA codes so why cant Reckon please?

Thanks and wait to hear

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,167 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @Pivacadmin

If your accountant has their own Reckon login ie. their own account, then they will have their own individual MFA for themselves on that login ie. there shouldn't be any need for the MFA code to be sent to you.

So just to confirm, are you sharing your file to your accountant's own separate login OR have you given them your Hosted account's user name/password to login?

MFA is enabled on the Hosted login so if its the latter of the two above, then your accountant will require their own Hosted login to have their own individual MFA. Generally, an accountant has their own account, which is separate to any client account, you then share your company file to them so they can access and work on it.

πŸŽ‰ Get rewarded for contributing to the Reckon Community! Learn how you could get a $100 gift voucher each month HERE.

• Pivacadmin

HI, Our Accountant have their own login to our Reckon files for our 3 companies - ie they are our second user to our file.

ie I have my login & password and the Accountant has their login & password - they are our second user to our 3 company files.

So you are saying they have to have another license to be able to get their own codes and use our files?

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,167 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager

Thanks for confirming @Pivacadmin, what you're referring to is the file user credentials set at a company file level which is past the point where the MFA challenge appears.

I'd recommend taking a look at the info from our FAQ on MFA with Reckon Accounts Hosted HERE.

πŸŽ‰ Get rewarded for contributing to the Reckon Community! Learn how you could get a $100 gift voucher each month HERE.

• Pivacadmin

Hi - so our Accountant has to get his own license so he can get his own MFA code when logging into our files?

So what is the point of paying for a multiple user license for ourselves if he cannot access it without codes coming to myself?

• Rav

Do you have multiple user licences ie. separate account logins to Hosted OR a single login/licence that you have shared the login details with to your accountant?

Note: I'm referring to the login to the Reckon Accounts Hosted service itself, not theΒ companyΒ file.

• Pivacadmin

Multiple user licenses - so yes separate account logins to Hosted

• Rav

Ok then that changes things. Is your accountant using one of those additional licences/logins to the Hosted service? ie. a login that is separate to the one you are using.

If so, then it sounds like the MFA on that other login has been setup to come to you but instead can be revoked and setup by the accountant so the codes can be delivered to their phone number/authentication app.

To revoke the existing MFA from the Hosted account follow the steps here - Revoking your current MFA from your Reckon Accounts Hosted account πŸ”“

Once its been revoked, MFA can be setup again to be delivered to a different source ie. the accountant's phone number for example.

Just to reiterate though, MFA is enabled on the Hosted login and MFA can only be delivered to one source per account. This is completely separate and unrelated to any file user credentials set at a company file level.