EOFY Report not including some terminated employees prior to STP 2 upgrade

Libby
Libby Member Posts: 80 Reckoner Reckoner

Hello I need help asap????

Just checked the EOFY Report before final pay run processing and found a discrepancy. I have 4 employees that were terminated prior upgrading to STP 2 that do not appear in the EOFY Report. 1 Employee does? I have checked initial YTD amounts were entered and all appear correct.

What am I missing in their initial setup?

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,167 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager
    edited June 21

Hi there Libby

Can I just confirm, for the the employees that aren't appearing in the EOFY finalisation.. do they only have initial YTD balances and haven't been included in any pay runs in Reckon Payroll itself for this financial year, correct?

For the 1 employee who IS appearing in the EOFY finalisation, were they included in a pay run that was created within Reckon Payroll?

πŸŽ‰ Get rewarded for contributing to the Reckon Community! Learn how you could get a $100 gift voucher each month HERE.

• Libby

Hi Rav

I Just checked and yes the 4 did not appear in any pay run and the 1 that did had 0.00 amounts it was the first pay run with STP2 in September as they terminated the week prior. It was a timing thing.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,167 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager

Ok thanks for confirming that @Libby

To explain this, its not anything you've done in regard to the employee setup or anything around that. We've found that the EOFY finalisation screen currently isn't presenting employees that only have initial YTD balances and also haven't been included in a pay run created within Reckon Payroll.

The good news is, the team have already got a fix for this and its going to come through to Reckon Payroll early next week.

Apologies for the confusion around this, I'll keep you posted as soon as the release goes out.

πŸŽ‰ Get rewarded for contributing to the Reckon Community! Learn how you could get a $100 gift voucher each month HERE.

• Libby

Thanks Rav. I was hoping to process my final payrun over the weekend I will have to wait now.

Just a suggestion. If you know there is a potential issue with a process could you let people know to look out for this please. It would have saved a lot of time searching?

• Rav

Fair point, apologies for that.

We were aiming to have this released yesterday so I didn't create an announcement like I usually would but the release got held up for some additional testing .

I'll get a post together shortly and I'll let you know once the fix is out πŸ™‚

• FelicityW
    FelicityW Member Posts: 7 Reckoner Reckoner

Hi Rav,

I have the same issue and am looking forward to the new update so I can do my finalization.

• Libby

Hi Rav

Any news on the when the fix will be released? 😊

• Rav

Hi folks
    I should be able to get some confirmation from the dev team later this afternoon on this. I'll share an update here as soon as I have that info πŸ™‚

• Libby

Thanks Rav. Much appreciated.

• Rav
    edited June 25

Hi folks

Just got off a call with the dev team and the timeline we're looking at for this has shifted a little unfortunately and we're looking at Thursday afternoon this week.
    We do have a new update coming out today which will include the new tax tables and super rate however the fix for this particular situation is part of a much (much) larger update that will follow and there is more than a fair amount of testing that is happening with it before it can be released into the live Reckon Payroll service.

Sorry guys, I know I mentioned early this week in my previous reply on Friday and the team are working through it as quick as possible but we just need to make sure the new release has passed testing and is stable before release.

There is a potential workaround which I'll outline in the event you don't want to wait.

Since this issue is only occurring for employees who only have an initial YTD balance AND have not been included in any pay runs created within Reckon Payroll.

• Create a pay run for the particular employee(s) who aren't currently appearing in the EOFY finalisation.
    • Add ordinary earnings with a value of $0.00
    • Don't add anything else to the pay run and mark it as paid. You don't need to send an STP submission for this pay run.
    • Once the above pay run is marked as paid, if you generate an EOFY finalisation the employee(s) will appear and show their balances from the initial YTD balances ready to finalise

ℹ️ The above workaround only applies to active employees.

Either way, I'll keep you updated on how things are progressing.

• Libby

Hi Rav

If I do go ahead with your suggestion what about dates would you suggest I use for the pay run as I don't want to cause any other issues? As I had an employee I terminated in the 1st week using Reckon Payroll in September with 0.00 earnings and they appear in the test run of the EOFY finalisation report I ran to check things, which is were I found the problem.

• Rav

Hi @Libby

If you'd like to go for the workaround outlined above, you can use any date that falls within the current 2023/24 financial year.

• Libby

Sorry Rav. Just one more question if do the workaround then I will have to deactivate and remove termination date to do new 0.00 value pay run for the just these terminated employees not showing in EOFY finalisation report? Is this correct?

• Rav

Hi Libby,
    I can only recommend the above workaround for active employees you have in this situation. I know its not ideal but if the employees you have are terminated then I'd suggest waiting for the fix to be released instead.

The only reason for that is, you'd need to go through the 'rehire' process for the terminated employee(s) in order to process a pay run for them and that's something I'd strongly recommend avoiding.

• Libby

oh ok @Rav. You know best. I am glad I asked before doing!

At least I can get the final pay run for current employees done and balanced. Wait for the fix then do the EOFY finalisation report etc.

• Rav

Sounds like a good plan @Libby

I'll keep you posted on when the release goes out.

Just separately, if you haven't already done so I'd highly recommend clicking theΒ FollowΒ button on the Reckon Payroll Announcements page so you receive an email notification as soon as a new announcement is posted for Reckon Payroll πŸ™‚

• Libby

Thanks @Rav . Already done! πŸ‘οΈ

• adminch
    adminch Member Posts: 2 Novice Member Novice Member

Hi Rav

I have the same issue Libby is having, have they uploaded an update for this problem yet??

• Rav

Hi @adminch

Unfortunately, we've had to delay the release of the latest update to Reckon Payroll which includes the fix for this issue as its required further testing. The team are hoping to have this concluded in the next couple of days and release will follow right after that.

In the meantime, if you'd like you can send through an EOFY finalisation with the current employees that are appearing on-screen you can most certainly do so and then once the release comes out, send a second one with just the terminated employees once they become visible.

I'm really sorry for the delay with this, we were hoping to have this sorted by now but unfortunately have had to hold it back a little longer than initially planned. I'll post an update in this thread and also the main announcement post about this issue here - ⚠️ Some employees not appearing in EOFY finalisation - Reckon Payroll

• adminch
    adminch Member Posts: 2 Novice Member Novice Member

Hi Rav

Okay no worries. I think I will wait till the cut off date 14/7/24 to process all our employees for the EOFY. Can I still create and run my regular weekly pay run without any problems before this update comes through. Will That create any issues??

• Rav

Yes you most certainly can still create new pay runs without issue @adminch

• Rav
    edited July 5

Hi folks

I know its been a long time coming and I do apologise for the delay with this but I'm happy to announce that Reckon Payroll has received the update which includes the fix for employees with only an initial YTD balance not appearing in the EOFY screen.

Check out more info in the announcement here - Reckon Payroll update! ✨ EOFY for registered advisors, EOFY improvements and more!

• Libby

Thanks Rav for all of your help on this issue.

Talk next year??

• FelicityW

Thanks Rav,

My terminated employee now is included in EOYF report.

However when I go to print the report it is blank, making it difficult to reconcile.

• Rav

Hi @FelicityW

Just to clarify, do you mean the whole EOFY report is blank when you try to print it or just those employees?

Does the same thing occur if you login to Reckon Payroll on a different browser?

• FelicityW

Hi Rav,

The whole EOFY report was blank when I tried to print it. (I was using Firefox)

I logged in via Chrome and Edge and only part of the report showed up to print - leaving off the last 2 employees.

I discovered that if I scaled it to 75% I could print the complete report in both browsers.

I went back to Firefox again and rescaling to 75% changed the blank report to one with all employees.

Problem solved?