Error: Employee Setup couldn't be updated.

Jhurree
Jhurree Member Posts: 7 Novice Member Novice Member

Hi I am trying to update the Initial YTDs for an employee (to transfer from old payroll to new payroll software) where the super salary sacrifice was entered as a deduction rather than under super salary sacrifice. See the snippet below. The deductions of $553 should really be shown as salary sacrifice and RESC to total $1437. But instead it is being shown as a deduction only.

Everytime i go to update the initial YTD - it is coming up with this error message. I'm not sure how to fix this.

Please help!

Best Answer

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,378 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager
    Answer βœ“

Glad to hear the first issue is sorted πŸ‘

But can you please confirm that to correct RESC for an employee - I will need to go back to the payruns to revert to draft, change and resubmit to the ATO?

Based on my previous query - the super salary sacrifice was corrected but it seems like the RESC is understated by $55 because the super was entered as a deduction in the first 2 payruns of the new software rather than salary sacrifice. However I cannot see this showing up under the deduction section.

Yes the above is correct. Go into the pay runs that have this incorrect deduction item and remove it from the pay run.

Once you've done that, re-enter the balance under the salary sacrifice for super item. I've added a screenshot just as an example.

Just separately, a note about the deductions column in the EOFY finalisation as I note you've highlighted that in your screenshot. The deductions column in the EOFY finalisation will only show balances for deductions that are reported to the ATO. If you had setup the deduction item that was being used for salary sacrifice as an Other-type deduction item with deduct from gross before calculating withholding unticked, then any of those balances are excluded from the EOFY finalisation.

More info on this here - Understanding how to prepare and reconcile your EOFY with Reckon Payroll πŸ“…

πŸŽ‰ Get rewarded for contributing to the Reckon Community! Learn how you could get a $100 gift voucher each month HERE.

Answers

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,378 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @Jhurree

Is this occurring AFTER you make the change and then attempt to save the employee profile? Or does it appear immediately as you remove the deduction?

Do you have a salary sacrifice item setup AND is it active on the super fund that is assigned to this employee?

πŸŽ‰ Get rewarded for contributing to the Reckon Community! Learn how you could get a $100 gift voucher each month HERE.

• Jhurree
    edited July 10

Hi Rav,

Actually this seems to have fixed itself in the STP report! Thank you!

But can you please confirm that to correct RESC for an employee - I will need to go back to the payruns to revert to draft, change and resubmit to the ATO?

Based on my previous query - the super salary sacrifice was corrected but it seems like the RESC is understated by $55 because the super was entered as a deduction in the first 2 payruns of the new software rather than salary sacrifice. However I cannot see this showing up under the deduction section.

So I guess my question is how do I fix the RESC?

Thank you Rav

• Jhurree
    edited July 10

Awesome thanks Rav - appreciate your response.

I have now done this - updated the payruns and took out the deduction and added it in as salary sacrifice and resubmitted to the ATO.

I have checked and the STP lodgement is a success. But when I go back to the EOFY - the balance of the RESC has not updated yet - it still shows the previous figures. Is it unusual that it hasn't updated yet?

I would like to add that the payroll reports are now correct.

Thank you

Appreciate your help always!

• Rav

This is going to sound like a silly question but.. Did those pay runs that you edited actually have the deduction item listed within them and did it account for this variance? Did you remove the deduction items from the pay run by

If so, I would have expected the balances to have updated but if you refresh Reckon Payroll by just hitting the refresh button on your browser then creating a new EOFY finalisation, have the balances updated and appear correct on the EOFY?

• Jhurree

Hi Rav,

yes the payruns had the deduction - i simply deleted the deductions and added the figures into the Salary sacrifice section instead.

I might check back in after lunch. Will let you know if it still does not update.

Thanks

• Jhurree

STP EOFY figures were updated. Thanks Rav all sorted now

• Rav

Good stuff, thanks for confirming @Jhurree πŸ‘