Lost Invoices

Options

Reckon Accounts Premier (Manufacturing Edition) has just lost a whole lot of invoices.

We started a new company file on 1st July, so there are only 14 invoices missing, but it is annoying, and worrying if it happens again in the future.

If I run an Audit trail, the invoices are all there, and I can view the invoices under customer centre. However, if I create a new invoice, it starts at number 1, not 15.

If I open an old invoice from the customer centre, I can see all old invoices, but no new invoices. If I go to create a new invoice, I can see the new invoices, but no old invoices.

Any idea what's going on?

Thanks

Comments

• Datarec_ReckonLtd
    Datarec_ReckonLtd Reckon Staff Posts: 1,068 Reckon Staff
    Options

Hi Dave,

If you can view the invoices from the Customer Centre and you can still see the invoices if you generate a "Transaction List by Date" report, then they have not been lost.

Did you happen to create a new "Accounts Receivable" account?

Go to your Chart of Accounts List and check to see if there is more than one accounts receivable account present.

You would also need to clarify what you mean by "We started a new company file on 1st July".

a) A new separate company data file has been created. This means there are two data files on your computer.

b) You used a Clean Up Company Data function to remove transactions from an older period

• Dave_7743272
    Dave_7743272 Member Posts: 3
    Options

Thanks for the prompt reply!

This issue happened about the same time that multi currency was turned on, so a new accounts receivable account would have been created.

due to the lack of support from Reckon on this issue and how non-user friendly Multi Currency is, I ended up starting a complete new company file, and manually entering all existing Purchase orders and invoices.

Luckily I only had 2 weeks of files to re-enter