GovConnect connect for first time error

Options
Michael Robson
Michael Robson Member Posts: 8
edited June 2019 in Reckon One
I am using GovConnent for the first time.  When I enter my company ABN and GST Branch number and click "verify" the company is correctly found.  Its not possible to click the "Submit" button.  In "Book Settings" I have confirmed that the "company name", "legal name", ABN and GST branch are correct.

I am therefore unable to use the STP part of the system for lodgement with the ATO.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,427 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Hi Michael,
    That sounds a bit strange, is the 'Submit' button greyed out or something like that?
    Can you post a screenshot of this? (use the camera icon in the forum reply window to upload an image).

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Michael Robson
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Yes, greyed out

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,427 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Thanks for getting back to me Michael,
    I just ran a search on that ABN and it definitely shows as 'Available' to register so a bit odd that its greyed out like that and I can't say I've seen that happen before.

Could you do me a favour and log into your Reckon Portal account on a different internet browser and try one more time to register the ABN.

Let me know if there's any change or not

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Michael Robson
    edited June 2019
    Options
    I have tried Internet Explorer 11 (first time login confirmed by the MFA login) - Same problem.  I have also tried with Edge (cleared cache data, received MFA login prompt) - same problem.
  • Rav
    edited June 2019
    Options
    As a test, I just went through the GovConnect registration process and input the above ABN & branch number, hit Verify and the 'Submit' button was green/active. I used Chrome on the first occasion.
    Tested again on Internet Explorer with the same result, button was green.

• Michael Robson
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Does that mean I am now registered?
  • Rav
    edited June 2019
    Options
    No, I can't register the ABN to your account unfortunately. I was moreso trying to test if I could replicate the issue you're experiencing to see if there was something wrong with the Reckon Portal itself but couldn't get the same result.

I know its a bit of an ask, but do you have Chrome installed on you PC? Could you try it again on that? (its our recommended browser).

• Michael Robson
    edited June 2019
    Options
    I do use Chrome.  I have tried the latest version of Chrome on a separate computer after clearing the cache and the button remains grayed out.  The GST branch is entered as 002.  I have also tried with no GST branch details, or 2 but the same result.
  • Eric Murphy
    Eric Murphy Member Posts: 216 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Maybe it has something to do with your PC's or browser's internet security settings being too high. I recall seeing a post from a Reckon Partner about this last week
  • Michael Robson
    edited June 2019
    Options
    I have tried all of these solutions: on a different computer, a mobile phone, 2 different wifi networks, on different browsers (Safari (mobile), Edge, Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox).  The same issue persists.  One common aspect I cannot change is I sign in with Google.  I am unsure what security settings could be an issue given that the browser is sending data and I do receive data back that the company name is correct.
  • Rav
    edited June 2019
    Options
    I think the post that Eric is referring to is the one from Linda on this thread from a couple of weeks ago. Might be worth a look.

• Michael Robson
    edited June 2019
    Options
    I tried the steps in the above thread.  It did not work.
  • Michael Robson
    edited June 2019
    Options
    I believe that there is a software error because of the "(" and ")" in the company name.  These are special characters and not alphanumeric characters.