Hi is there anyway i can get a recent backup copy of accounts premier 2017 my pc has crashed and my backup copy is 1 month ago. Thanks

• Question
  • Updated 9 months ago
  • Answered
Photo of wayne

wayne

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 9 months ago

Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 63,194 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi there Wayne,

I just want to clarify, are you looking for the copy of your program itself ie. Accounts Premier or a backup copy of your company file itself?

We don't have access to any backup company files as they are made & stored locally on your system/PC.
Photo of wayne

wayne

No its a copy of my company file. I just thought it maybe hidden elsewhere in system. Thanks
Photo of John Graetz

John Graetz

• 18,764 Points 10k badge 2x thumb

Wayne.  Unless the hard disk has been fried, there should still be a way for say an IT person, to have a look at the drive and get hold of a copy of the file.

John L G

Photo of Kevin Russell

Kevin Russell, Accredited Partner

• 39,968 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
John Yeah theres a lot more to it than that. Like how fragmented the hdd is. Ive used data recovery tools before. They arent all they are cracled up to be. And it might be a VERY expensive exercise
Photo of wayne

wayne

Thanks hopefully they sort it
(Edited)
Photo of wayne

wayne

Windows 10 issue. Ill get them to try. Thanks mate
Photo of Kevin Russell

Kevin Russell, Accredited Partner

• 39,968 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
You could try the free version here: www.easus.com I've used this to recover files in the past. Or this www.ontrackdatarecovery.com.au Expensive but very thorough. 

If you have a copy of Hiren Boot CD there is a number of recovery tools on it. 

https://www.hiren.info/pages/bootcd

I don't go anywhere without Hiren. It's been a lifesaver more times than I can remember

Run this up the flagpole and let me know how you fare

Kr t:0407744914
(Edited)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.