Payroll Premier 2017/18 - Bank Account Number Does not Fit into available space for employee

Belinda_8323426
Belinda_8323426 Member Posts: 37
edited April 2018 in Payroll Premier
I am attempting to update bank account details for an employee in Payroll Premier 2017/18, however, the account number does not fit in the available space by 1 digit.

The bank is ME Bank and the account number has 000 at the beginning of the sequence.  Could I just remove one or all of the zero's and enter the remainder of the number?  And of course I have the BSB for the bank and branch.

Naturally I don't want to pay the wrong person by doing this so am in a bit of a conundrum as the wages are to be processed today.

Thanks!

Comments

• Belinda_8323426
    edited March 2018
    ... Or maybe a way to expand the space available?
    I've just heard from ME Bank who said they require the entire account number including all the zero's.
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,253 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited March 2018
    Hi Belinda,

How many numbers do you have in total for this bank account number? 10?

The usual format is
    6 digits for BSB
    9 digits for Bank account number

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Belinda_8323426
    edited March 2018
    Hi Rav
    Yes 10, system only allows for 9.

Will Reckon be increasing the space in future upgrades?  As I expect as time goes one, bank account number will increase in size.
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,253 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited March 2018
    To be honest this is a bit odd and we haven't come across it before. There isn't a way to expand the number of allowable characters and while it may be increased in future, I haven't heard of any plans in the short term for this. 

All I could really suggest is to give it a go with 9 digits by dropping a leading zero although if ME Bank have suggested that they require all 10 then I can understand that you may not want to do that. 

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Belinda_8323426
    edited March 2018
    Hi Rav

I have spoken with ME Bank and they have said that if we remove any of the zero's it will not reach the correct account as they require all digits.  As this is a new bank account and this will only continue to happen in the future and therefore I can only presume the numbers will continue increasing in size which can only mean that Reckon will have no choice but to increase the space to allow for this. 

Hopefully Reckon will consider increasing the size of the cell as I expect this won't be an isolated incident.

We have requested the employee use a different bank account in the meantime.

Thanks for your help just the same.