Payroll Premier 2018/19 final pay processing

• Question
  • Updated 4 months ago
Hi,
Today I am will be processing the final pay for 2018/19. What are the procedures for uploading the final STP?
Photo of Libby

Libby

• 572 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 months ago

Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 91,492 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Libby,
If every employee you've paid throughout the year is still in the last payrun you're about to process then you can use the regular 'Final Pay Event' selection to close off the final pay.

If you have employees that were terminated throughout the year ie. they are not present in the final payrun then we have a new piece of functionality coming next week which will introduce a Year End Finalisation function which will bring up ALL employees paid throughout the year regardless of terminated or not and this will be sent as your final pay event.
Photo of Helen Stewart

Helen Stewart

• 222 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hi Rav
do we need to download a patch for this finalisation function?
Photo of Sue K

Sue K

• 60 Points
Hi,
How can I get this patch?
Photo of Deborah Warland

Deborah Warland

• 62 Points
Has the Year End Funalisation function to bring in ALL employees been resolved and if so how do I access it
Photo of davis lighting

davis lighting

• 162 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
does anyone know if it is possible to have two people doing the pays, with one ABN number, My Financial controller pays the senior management and I pay all the other people, he wants to register his own STP how do we to about this with one ABN???
Photo of Libby

Libby

Thanks Rav. I do have terminated employees so I will have to wait. I assume  this is a patch that we will have to upload. I was hoping to run the final pay today (estimating times) this gives me more time to do all the associated EOFY payroll processes before the 1st pay of the new year. I do hope the patch will be ready early in the week. Also were there any other patches during this year as I have not received any notices to load them?
Photo of Libby

Libby

Hi Rav
Help!!
Any news on when the Final Years Pay functionality will be rolled out?
We do our weekly payroll on a Thursday.
I always pull the last weeks pay forward by a week to give me more time to get the EOFY processing done in time prior to the 1st pay of the new year.

Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 90,300 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Libby,
If not tomorrow, it'll be in the next couple of days at the latest.
I'll have info and announcements on the Community as soon as its live.
Photo of TMR

TMR

• 208 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hi Rav
Any update on this please? It would be great to have finalised year end procedure before first pay on Monday 1 July.
Photo of Libby

Libby

Hi Rav
Any news on the update?
I am getting worried that I will not have the update in time for payday on Thursday.
Photo of Helen Stewart

Helen Stewart

HI Rav
I am doing my final payrun today can I process it but not upload it to reckon gov until the patch is available?
Photo of davis lighting

davis lighting

That is my question too???
Photo of Helen Stewart

Helen Stewart

Thanks Rav, but do I still process my pays in 2018/2019 payroll as usual but not upload it  to send to the ATO ??  When 2019/2020 is avail download it then send as per instructions before starting the new financial years pays? Hope that makes sense!
Photo of Libby

Libby

Hi Rav
I have read your reply about final pay run but do we upload that STP Report  to Gov Connect then upload the end of year STP report once we have loaded the 2019/20 Payroll Premier version??

Photo of davis lighting

davis lighting

Good question can I have the answer too?

Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 91,492 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi guys,
This article explains how the end of year submission will work with the 'Finalise Year' option coming to Payroll Premier 2019/20.
Processing your Single Touch Payroll End of Financial Year Submission with Payroll Premier

If you have ALREADY processed your final pay ie. marked it with Final Pay Event and submitted it via GovConnect, but still have employees outstanding that were NOT included in that final pay submission, you can still perform the End of Financial Year process in Payroll Premier 2019/20 (when released) as outlined in the article above
(Edited)
Photo of TMR

TMR

• 208 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
HI Rav

Just found this post so please ignore my earlier comment.  Once we have done the End of Financial Year report - is that it as far as the ATO are concerned?  Is it better to wait for the 20192020 update before processing?
Photo of Julie

Julie

• 130 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I have already processed as final pay, and now I have several terminated employees complaining that their Payment Summary is not Tax Ready.  Where is this patch I need it NOW!   why was it not sent to everyone??????
Photo of margaret

margaret

• 490 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Will that be the same with Reckon Accounts enterprise desktop?
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 90,630 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
The principle is the same but for a step by step guide on year end finalisation for Reckon Accounts Business (desktop), see the post here -
How do I finalise my end of year reporting with Single Touch Payroll?
Photo of Julie

Julie

• 202 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hi Rav, when will Payroll Premier 2019/20 be available to download?
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 87,572 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
All going well, it will be available tomorrow afternoon I believe.
Photo of Julie

Julie

• 202 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Thank you :)
Photo of Kali

Kali

• 2,104 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Crap! So i've paid the last pay run inside payroll premier and submitted the STP files as per normal through Gov Connect... do i need to delete these???? HELP Rav
Photo of davis lighting

davis lighting

I was just going to do the same should I just save it in EXPORT 

Photo of Tracy Rayner

Tracy Rayner

• 64 Points
Thanks Kali for your simplified EOFY help above after you did the hard yards on the phone last night and this morning.  Many thanks :)
Photo of Catherine moxon

Catherine moxon

• 232 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hi guys, I've been using STP for a few months, but since i'm under the 19 employees I choose to end financial year the old way, and uploaded the EMPDUPE file to the ATO. 
Do you think i still need hit the end of financial year button in the STP section to finalise the year, or will the new run just start from zero again?
I can't upload anything more to the ATO, as it will duplicate the figures. 
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 78,598 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Catherine,
If you've already lodged the EMPDUPE to the ATO, DO NOT use the Finalise Year option for STP. Doing so will double up what the ATO receives.
(Edited)
Photo of Catherine moxon

Catherine moxon

• 232 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hi Rav, Thank you, this is what i understood too. So when i export the new payrun for this FY, the amounts should only be what I paid today? 
Photo of davis lighting

davis lighting

I have restored my 2018/2019  and then hit rebuild data then saved a new back up file then loaded the new 2019/2020 but it still did not fix the 2 employee problems I had one did not exist on the end of year and the other only had a super amount. I was told this morning that it would fix my problem as there was a bug. It did not fix anything it is still the same
Photo of Kali

Kali

Well i hope it works Tracy, i'm yet to try it as still fixing other "bugs" :(
Photo of Kali

Kali

Hi Jo,

I just went to do this myself tonight, and noticed the 'update event' button is ticked automatically.

The support tech i spoke to didn't specify this; however, looks like it's mandatory as it won't let you untick it.

However, this could be because i had already lodged the standard STP lodgement through 18/19 already.

Cheers,

Kali
(Edited)
Photo of Jo

Jo

• 490 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Thanks Kali - with your help it was easy :) 
Photo of Kali

Kali

So glad it helped :)
Photo of Sharon Cowley

Sharon Cowley

• 568 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Thank you Kali for these easy instructions . I was successful submitting the EOFY final !! Yay !! Appreciate it . I think you make a great reckon payroll support person !!
Now for my next company - I hope this one is successful too . I will also be watching and ready about the next fix.

Sharon :)
Photo of Kali

Kali

Haha... i have just been using the software a long time and know how frustrating it can be when the software doesn't do what you want it to do or the lack of support sometimes! Good luck with the next Company! 
Photo of Kali

Kali

Is anyone having any issues where terminated employees are not appearing once you click the EOFY button? 
Photo of Peta Lane

Peta Lane

• 230 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hi Kali
I can't even get that far as when i hit the button and select 2018/2019 it says i have no pays even though they appear when i ask for the pays for last financial year.  Can't call cause they aren't taking any calls as they are at capacity.  Supposed to be processing payroll today for 2019/2020.  Heard anyone else having same problem?  did you resolve yours?

Photo of Kali

Kali

• 1,892 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
On the EOY STP report?
Photo of davis lighting

davis lighting

• 152 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
should I ring ATO
Photo of Kali

Kali

• 1,892 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Hmm.. not sure on that one sorry. Wouldn't be an ATO thing though if they're not appearing on your Reckon report.
Photo of Libby

Libby

• 302 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Hi Rav I have 2 companies with employees. 2019/20 PP update has been loaded. One company I was able to upload the last pay for 2018/19 so all good ready for the new year.
The other company I uploaded the final pay week 26/6/19. Status is "pending".
I have called the ATO and still waiting for a call back. I was told 48 hours that was on Monday. Still no call back. Surprise, surprise!!
I had no problems with this companies STP File throughout the year.
Today is payday. So not sure what to do now.
Can I re-load that pay or do a replacement of the 26/6/19 STP file. Maybe that will work? Then I can upload the final pay event file?
I am running out of time.
HELP!