Personal Plus 2017 - how do I set up connection to ANZ share investing?

• Question
  • Updated 4 weeks ago
I have just started an ANZ Share Investing account.  Reckon PP 2017 says I can use Web Connect and it will set up a account in Reckon PP. However, I haven't been able to.  Can someone please provide me the detailed steps and screen shot of what I need to do.

I've followed the steps on Reckon PP and it sent a link but eventually said "timed out".  Clicked on the link in ANZ to "Download to Reckon Accounts", but all I got was a pdf of the trade.

I've called ANZ but they have not been much help.
Photo of Peter Lang

Peter Lang

• 1,192 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
  • anxious, need help

Posted 4 months ago

Photo of Shisir

Shisir, Employee

• 2,878 Points 2k badge 2x thumb

Hi Peter,

You will need to download the transactions in the 'QFX' File format.

After downloading the file you will need to edit the same QFX file as advised in this instruction http://kb.reckon.com.au/issue_view.asp?ID=5660

Once you have edited the QFX file you will be able to import it into Reckon Accounts Personal Plus.

Please follow this other community post we have on this topic too for more information

https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/reckon-accounts-was-not-able-to-complete-you-request-ol-221-a-how-do-i-fix-this

https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/anz-share-trading-transactions-download

Regards

Shisir
Photo of Peter Lang

Peter Lang

Hi Shirsir,

Thank you for your fast response.  I have read the three links you provided but they do not address my first problem which is to set up the ANZ invest account in Reckon PP 2017.  Secondly, I am not capable of doing the IT fixes and coding you suggest.

First, I want to know how to automatically set up the account as Reckon PP message says can be done. The Reckon PP 2017 message says:

How do I do this?
Photo of Peter Lang

Peter Lang

Shisir,

Thank you.  I followed your instructions and link. I clicked on "Download to Reckon Accounts" on the ANZ page.  It opened Reckon PP and gave the screenshot above, but with a message saying it couldn't complete.  It set up the account, but with no transactions. There was no option to see the file to edit it. Perhaps ANZ needs to make the change (for all customers). Could Reckon contact ANZ Share Investment IT team and explain what changes are needed? 
Photo of Peter Lang

Peter Lang

Error OL-221-A when importing share trading transactions

Has Reckon contacted ANZ Share Trading regarding getting Error OL-221 fixed?  If not, could Reckon please do so. If ANZ is working on it, when will it be fixed?

It is beyond my capability to edit the file and import it as suggested.
Photo of Shisir

Shisir, Employee

• 2,878 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Hi Peter,

Apologies for the delay.

The issue is already with our product managers and they are investigating it from a broader perspective however the only fix at this stage is outlined in the KB article you've linked to. In terms of ETA there is none at this stage and I'd strongly recommend the solution as listed in the KB. Can appreciate you might not be confident in doing the necessary steps, perhaps you have someone who can perform this for you?

Regarding the download of transactions from ANZ, do you see any option on the download page of ANZ, that allows you to download the file in QFX file format? If you do please select that option to download it. Unfortunately, until the fix is applied you will have to edit the QFX file as instructions provided to be able to import it into Reckon Accounts Personal. Alternatively, you can record them manually.

Regards

Shisir
(Edited)
Photo of Peter Lang

Peter Lang

Shisir,

Thank you for your reply.

There is no option on the ANZ Share Investments page to select a file type. It is automatically a Reckon file type which is exported directly to Reckon PP.  However the download does not complete. I get the message included in my previous reply.

As I said, I do not have the capability nor am I prepared to take the risk of trying to edit the file.

Therefore, I am having to enter the transactions manually.

I understand the change from ANZ ETrade to ANZ Share Invest was made some considerable time ago. So I am wondering why it is taking so long to make what should be an easy fix - either by Reckon or ANZ.
Photo of Peter Barnett

Peter Barnett

• 210 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
If you check my comment in https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/perrsonal-plus-2018-has-no-security-options-in-drop-down, ANZ Share Trading no longer provide support for Reckon.

With that in mind, how does Reckon propose we progress with this?

I tried setting up a new account for ANZ Share Trading and when I attempted to transfer share from the E8trade account to the new ANZ Share Trade account I got the following message:
Please choose an account that has the same currency as the security.

Now what?

Photo of John G

John G, Information Support Analyst

• 27,290 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hello Peter and All,

In 2017 the ANZ announced a partnership with the CMC Group that effectively transfers ANZ Share Investing customers and accounts to CMC, with a target date for the transfer being September 2018.

Until that transfer is complete you should be able to export share transactions to a QFX file as usual.  See ANZ directions here.

The issue has been the name changes involved with ANZ Share Investing acquiring E*Trade and the forthcoming partnership with CMC has seen all work stop on the existing Reckon connection. To import your ANZ Share Investing transactions you must follow the procedures outlined in this article.

Once the transfer to CMC is complete (end of Sept 2018) you should still be able to export the Reckon file with the current issues.  Soon after, CMC will revamp the Reckon Accounts export file to allow transactions to import into datafiles without any intervention by the user.

From the user perspective there should be little change - we are told ANZ Share Investing will continue look and function as it did under ANZ and the revamped export file will mean the import into Reckon Accounts datafiles will function as it did before the changes from E*Trade to ANZ Share Investing were made.  

We thank every one for their patience.

regards,
John
Photo of Peter Barnett

Peter Barnett

• 210 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
It is now September 2018, and the ANZ Share Trading site has been updated.

When you select Tools, there is a Reckon option and when selected it shows:
Portfolios: Download to Reckon Accounts

Download to Reckon Accounts is coming soon.

Does anybody have a timeframe as to when this issue will be resolved...days, weeks, months or years?

So far it has been well over 12 months that Reckon customers have been without the ability to synchronise their share files with E*Trade / Anz Share Trading.