PP2019 will not install with PP2017 installed. Uninstalling PP2017 creates Error Code 1723 on WIn10 Home

• Question
  • Updated 3 weeks ago
I have just purchased PP2019 Upgrade. This requires PP2017 to be uninstalled on Win10 Home. When running the Windows Uninstaller C:\Windows\Installer\144cf.msi Error Code 1723 is displayed and the operation ceases.

Tried to reinstall PP2017 using autorun.exe - Error screen states that I already have a previous version installed, which is not the case, only PP2017 is installed.
I then ran ..PP2017\HAB\DISK1\Reckon Accounts 2017.msi, which at least gave me the option to Modify, Repair or Remove. Selecting any of these options again throws Error Code 1723.

Please help.

Photo of Owen

Owen

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 weeks ago

Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 64,528 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I'd suggest a clean uninstall would be your best bet from here, perhaps using a third party uninstaller such as Revo Uninstaller to ensure that all components of the program are removed.

Check out this Knowledgebase article info - Clean Uninstall and Reinstall of Accounts Personal
(Edited)
Photo of Owen

Owen

Thanks Rav, I will try your suggestions tonight.
Photo of Kevin Russell

Kevin Russell, Accredited Partner

• 40,760 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
You cant have two versions of PP installed.
Photo of Owen

Owen

Hi Kevin, you are correct. That's why I thought it was strange that I couldn't re-install the same version.