STP Shared file error message!

Options
Kelly Leaning-Dalley_9070931
Kelly Leaning-Dalley_9070931 Member Posts: 28
edited July 2019 in Accounts Hosted
We have been using STP for a year now, and have had issues getting another member of staff to be able to file our weekly returns.  We thought we had finally resolved this, however after going to check the new shared file on GovConnect today, there is a error message on all of our files in relation to our software ID number.

Turns out their ID number is different to the original Software ID, is this normal?  I would of thought that it being a shared file that the Software ID numbers should be the same?

If they are supposed to be different, why is it they can't see all of the lodge reports and only the ones they tried to file.

Confused :(

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,427 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Hi Kelly,
    The Software ID listed in the STP entity just needs to be registered with the ATO once and it won't change when the entity is shared with other users.
    If you have multiple/separate STP entities in your Reckon Portal account, each one will have a different Software ID.
    Turns out their ID number is different to the original Software ID, is this normal?
    Did you register the Software ID that is listed in the STP entity itself with the ATO? 

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Kelly Leaning-Dalley_9070931
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Yes the ATO has my software ID listed - so am I right in thinking we need to register the other software ID with the ATO?  Also I have already loaded the pay runs in question through STP GovConnect once I have registered the other Software ID with the ATO what happens when she tries to lodge files that I have already lodged with the ATO?  Will it double up or will it recognise the double up and reject them or can we delete them somehow in the portal?
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,427 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Sorry Kelly, I'm a little lost as to what is happening here so let me try to piece this together.

- Do you have ANY pay events in a Success status? Or are they ALL showing an Error with the message referencing the Software ID?
    Be sure to click the 'Detail' link to see the most recent response from the ATO and update the list screen.

Yes the ATO has my software ID listed - so am I right in thinking we need to register the other software ID with the ATO?
    If the ATO has already registered the Software ID that is displaying in your STP entity (this is important) ?then there is no need to register it again as its already done. When I say the Software ID in your STP entity I mean the one shown here.

- Is the STP entity that the secondary user has access to been shared with them ie. appears in their 'Shared with Me' tab in their Portal account OR have they created their OWN STP entity in their account?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

edited July 2019
    Options
    Sorry I probably haven't explained it to well.

So from the beginning;

PART ONE
    I set up the STP under my log in originally and we have lodged all of our pay runs through that log in due to us having trouble setting up our other log in.

So I have all the STP filed under my log in with the Software ID 7761105096 - which has all been completed and accepted with no errors.

PART TWO
    We managed to finally get the second user access to the portal under her own log in and they have access to our company file by me sharing my file with her.  Her Software ID is 016356548. 
    She tried logging the STP pay runs her self but it has come up with the error message that we haven't lodged her Software ID 016356548 with ATO.
    So there four pay runs sitting in her GovConnect with errors due to the ATO registration.

I have since logged into my GovConnect to get those pay runs lodged with success.

My question is, if I register her Software ID 016356548 what do I do with the pay runs sitting in her GovConnect (as they have already been successfully lodged with my log in)?  Can we delete them?  
  • Rav
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Thanks for getting back to me Kelly,
    To me it sounds like the secondary user has created a NEW STP entity for the ABN, perhaps with a different branch number.

When User 2 logs in to their Reckon Portal account and accesses GovConnect, do they have a STP entity listed in the 'GovConnect subscriptions' tab or 'Shared with me' tab?
    If its under the GovConnect subscriptions tab, then its been created as its own STP entity in User 2's Portal account.

I don't want to tell you to register the other Software ID just yet until I can confirm how its been set up. Can you let me know the ABN in question here.

edited July 2019
    Options

edited July 2019
    Options
    I have just realised that there is two  -- one on the GovConnect Subscriptions that has her number and that you can click on the shared with me that has my number!!!  Problem solved!!!  I had no idea she had to click on the shared with me, oh my gosh I am so sorry to waste your time!!  

edited July 2019
    Options
    I will make sure she uses the right one!
  • Rav
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Good to hear we've got the bottom of it, I thought something sounded a bit off :) 

Send me the email address for your colleague's Reckon Portal account and the ABN she's registered to community@reckon.com. If she hasn't actually sent those pay events from the incorrect account I'll see if I can delete the incorrectly setup entity from her account. If she has, unfortunately I won't be able to (regardless if the submissions were successful or not).

edited July 2019
    Options
    Thanks Rav, I have just emailed through the details - thanks so much!