unable to open company file after updating to Reckon 2016

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 0
edited February 2017 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I have upgraded from Reckon 2014 to 2016 and all seemed to go well until i tried to log in. I get an error message which reads '"the reckon accounts company file xxx cannot be opened. The problem can be fixed if you log out of windows and as the windows administrator at your site to log in to windows and open this company file in Reckon accounts''.
Well i did this but it did not work. I can still use my file in 2014 so the company file is not the problem.
Can anyone help me please

Anne

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,491 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hi Anne,

Try deleting your .nd file and see if this resolves the problem,

Close all Accounts Business applications.  
    If the company file resides on a File Server that does not have an Accounts Business application installed (Company File Server only), go the File Server and: 

Stop the Reckon Accounts Database Server Manager:

i.    Right-click the Reckon Accounts Database Server Manager icon in the System Tray and select Open

ii.    Click on Exit to close the Database Server Manager.

In Windows Explorer go to the company file folder 
    Find the file companyfile.qbw.nd and delete it (if there is a file companyfile.nd, delete it too)

Start the Reckon Accounts Database Server Manager and scan folders for Reckon Accounts datafiles

Minimize the Reckon Accounts Database Server Manager 

Open the company file on one workstation and switch the file to multi-user mode.  Then open the same company file on a second workstation.

If the company file resides on a PC that also has the Accounts Business application installed: 

In Windows Explorer go to the company file folder 
    Find the file companyfile.qbw.nd and delete it (if there is a file companyfile.nd, delete it too).  
    Open your company file and switch the file to multi-user mode.  Then open the same company file on a second workstation.

Let me know if that helps

Cheers
    Rav

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• [Deleted User]
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Im not quite sure what you mean by Accounts Business application. In any case i deleted the .nd file and stiil received the same error message when i tried to log in.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited February 2017
    Options
    The company file and Reckon software are both on the same server
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,491 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Hi Anne,

Thanks for trying,

Can you please give our Technical Support team a call when you have a chance so we can take a closer look at this with you

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.