updating my tax files from 2015 to 2016

Options
Christine_7578368
Christine_7578368 Member Posts: 11
edited June 2017 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I'm trying to update my tax files from premier 2015 to 2016 but when I go through the wizard nothing comes up where it says to select my reckon account. I have tried to select the path for the file I am using from the browse tab but it comes up with an error saying 'Setup failed to find a valid Reckon Accounts 2016 installation in path'. What am I doing wrong?

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,427 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hi Christine,

Does the same issue occur when following the steps outlined in the tax table update installation guide here?

Let me know

Cheers
    Rav

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Kevin Bell
    Kevin Bell Member Posts: 15
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Hi Christine, the 2016 Tax file patch can only be installed if you have first installed the Reckon Accts V2016 software. If you install the upgrade to V2016, then the 2016 Tax patch and then upgrade your data file, procedures notes on how to upgrade your software comes with the download link on the Reckon Members website page
    Regards
    Kevin
  • Christine_7578368
    Christine_7578368 Member Posts: 11
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Thanks guys.
    I did the 2016 software up date like you suggested Kevin then I was able to do my tax update like you both said.
    Thanks again
    Christine
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,427 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Great to hear! :)

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Amanda Green
    Amanda Green Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Is it possible to update the tax table without updating to 2016.
  • Rav
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Hi Amanda,
    The current tax table update cannot be installed on earlier versions of the software.

More info here - 
    https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/reckon-accounts-2016-tax-update

Cheers
    Rav

• Paul Sheahan
    Paul Sheahan Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2016
    Options

I have exactly the same issue. When I browse to the company file, I get as far as the company folder and it wont reveal the actual company file.

Please advise

Regards,

Paul  0418 105 058

• Paul Sheahan
    Paul Sheahan Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2016
    Options

Hi Kevin,

Same as Christine. We overlooked our 2016 software update. Doing it now and hopefully, just like Christine, our issue will also be resolved

Regards,

Paul Sheahan